THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Carling Cup EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Carling Cup EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Carling Cup EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Carling Cup EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Carling Cup EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Carling Cup EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Carling Cup EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Carling Cup EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Carling Cup EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Carling Cup

+3
dh1985
pthorpe
bigsamsarmyusa
7 posters

Go down

Carling Cup Empty Carling Cup

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Well, Arsenal's "kids" are out the cup and City are through. AW's been warned often that it might end up biting him. How long can Arsenal fans go without winning a cup, since they'll not win the league?

And...Blackburn beat Chelsea on penalties!!! Carling Cup Icon_eek
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Carling Cup Empty Re: Carling Cup

Post by pthorpe Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm

I think Arsenals problems lie in the fact both Bendtner and RVP are missing and they have not replaced Adebayor. The rest of their front players although skilled are easily brushed off the ball due to their size (I think Breeze would call them midgets)!!
If Arsenal want to progress in the other competitions open to them I would think they need a big skillful striker.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:34 pm

Should we offer them Elmander?
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:11 am

It's another year without a trophy and considering they are falling behind in the league, the Champions League and FA Cups are big asks considering the fact that the big clubs put out their big teams, I would have taken the Carling Cup a bit more seriously.

On a side note, considering that everyone raves about Arsene Wenger and his kids etc, it is interesting to note that United's 'youth' team swept aside a full strength Spurs team with little effort while Arsene's kids lost to City. I'll admit that Arsenal were way but Spurs are a good team and it is no mean feat to beat them, especially how they lost to Besiktas the previous week.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:56 am

I've always liked Wenger's footballing principles despite some obvious characters flaws. The young kids system has worked well in the past but I think Wenger himself has forgotten that past success has been as a result of playing these youngsters against teams like us or Fulham or Wigan. By the time the later stages came he would almost always add one of two of the 'big name' players (admittedly sometimes because of injuries or suspensions).

It can't be a surprise to anyone that a team of midget children - talented as they may be - failed to win away from home against a Man City team that cost £200m and who are clearly taking cup competitions seriously because they know the league is well beyond them. Wenger said if you don't play the youngsters in the cups when can you play them? Well that's a fair statement but it only works if you assume these 'trial runs' are for the benefit of the league campaign...but I'm not sure Arsenal are really benefitting in the league by constantly failing in the cups.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:53 am

Yet again he ignored the need to bring in experienced reinforcements, he has some cash and should have bought a ball winning midfielder and a decent sized forward, if he had I suspect they would be running away with the league. Imagine if you stuck Anelka and Yaya Toure into that team!

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:56 pm

Wenger's an arse, always has been.
He's never been gracious in victory let alone defeat. The spindly Frenchman needs a kick up the arse... and fortunately for me, he usually gets one every now and then, just like on Wednesday night.

This year will be the 5th year in succession that he ends the season potless... firstly, his record is starting to become no better than that of George Graham at Arsenal (pro-rata), and secondly, I wonder how many other top clubs would stomach such poor performance.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:35 pm

To be fair to Wenger he did admit he was a sore loser today during a SKY interview and he did it with a smile on his face. I think what he really wanted to say was "Yes, I should have shaken hands but that Mark Hughes is a first class licker of bollock gravy and I hate the man." But if he did he'd get in trouble.

I wouldnt shake his hand either because he's Mark Hughes and I can't forget that. Let's put this in perspective, people are siding with Mark Hughes over Arsene Wenger????
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:18 pm

Can't I just be on opposite sides to both of them?

I get to choose my weapons first, and mine would be a Kevin Davies 50/50 challenge.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big_Sharps Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:19 pm

wenger partakes in tim rigby like activities and therefore should be arrested as soon as possible before any other kids are harmed by either wenger or tim

Big_Sharps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down