THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!"

+7
mangler
dh1985
tim_rigby
BUNBURY
pthorpe
chrislanz
trotter82
11 posters

Go down

Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" Empty Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!"

Post by trotter82 Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:48 am

The Bolton boss has not been helped by rumours of a huge dressing room bust up at half time against Wolves last weekend which according to reports saw him square up to Trotters defender JLOYD SAMUEL who suggested none of the players wanted to play for him.

Rumours of the bust up were given some credence yesterday when Samuel was left out of the side that took on City with Paul RobinsonSamuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" 2_bing coming in at left-back.

It is not the first time Megson has fallen out with his players. Rumours have been rife that Matt Taylor had a bust up with the manager after being left out of the side recently, while Megosn himself hinted at dressing room unrest following the recent home defeat against BlackburnSamuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" 2_bing.

Megson is now facing the axe unless he gets wins against West HamSamuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" 2_bing and Wigan and chairman Phil Gartside is said to have made former Middlesbrough boss McClaren his number one target.

McClaren may have been a flop with England but he did a good job at the Riverside Stadium and is currently working wonders with Dutch side FC Twente.

trotter82
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" Empty Re: Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!"

Post by chrislanz Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:09 am

steve mcClaren would be a good boss at bolton, but would he want to come to us?.........

chrislanz
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" Empty Re: Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!"

Post by pthorpe Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:19 am

In fairness to Robinson I thought he did well yesterday, although I'm not sure where he was when Richards scored. Once a manager has lost the dressing room it's all over, so I think he's gone if we lose to WHU.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:53 am

I would be happy with McCLAREN.

He will need his umbrella at THE REEBOK.
BUNBURY
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:18 am

Have you guys forgotten what a joke he was for England. Classic Gartside incompetence, he should be going after Curbishley.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:33 am

I would prefer CURBISHLEY, but he can't live up north, he gets nose bleeds and continually falls over.
BUNBURY
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:44 am

He was out of his depth for England, but he did well at Boro which is more our level. He won a cup remember and got them to the UEFA Cup Final.

If we employed McClaren as our next manager, you wouldn't hear many complaints from me.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:27 am

I agree , he did a good job at BORO, which is our level.
BUNBURY
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:35 am

In my opinion, before we settle for mediocrity, I would love the club to "step outside the box" and approach someone like Martin Jol to see if he was interested in making a return to the Premier League. Just think of the upside for him on a personal level, any type of success would raise his stock for a job with one of the bigger clubs. I always wondered whatever were Spurs thinking after the success he had with them.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:47 am

I wouldn't want McClaren.

England aside, he spent a fortune at Boro - something he won't get to do here - and I still felt he didn't get the best out of them anyway.

Also... take a look at dh's avatar. If you squint, all you see is a balding ginge with a cheshire cat grin. We don't need a new McClaren... we've already got one!
Samuel and Megson squared up! "None of us want you here!" 18-44
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:01 pm

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/634757/McClaren-lined-up-as-Reebok-replacement-by-Gartside.html

Further to Manglers post here's the full story.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:56 pm

I would take curbishly, and secondly I would like to go random and approach a few who we would never expect, the worst that can happen is they say no, and if all else fails i would take a punt on mclaren.

i do have a fear that he is megson esk at times though. I remember him wasting some big money at boro and altho they got to some finals they never reached the potential they could have had. I would have reservations about him, but less than i do about meggo staying here.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:33 pm

Look at the end of the day, I doubt pretty much anyone could do a worse job, and as people have pointed out he has done pretty well at club level, his record is a massive step up from Megson's which is a joke.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:15 pm

One last thought on "the row", I would give kudos to Samuel for sticking up for his team-mates, he sounds like one you would want in the trenches with you.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:16 pm

Megson has already alluded to a heated exchange - he said he had a go at the person who didn't clear the ball which led to their free kick for the first goal. That was last week!

Anyway, if Robinson plays like he did yesterday JLS wouldn't get in the team anyway. I thought he did really well.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:15 pm

Pete, I agree with Martin Jol but I think we have less chance of him coming to Bolton than McClaren...and I'm not sure he'd come either.

As much money as McClaren might want to spend, I'm sure Jol would want a LOT more. Plus, isn't he managing Ajax, or some similar team?
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:37 am

It's either Ajax or Hamburg, but come on who where would you rather manage? Best league in the World or 2nd/3rd rate league.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:41 am

Living in a dreamworld if you think Jol would even be remotely interested in us. His stock has risen way beyond what it was when he was at Spurs and if he does well at Ajax (he's on a three year contract there remember) he'll be looking at stepping up again, not coming down to where we are.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:14 am

Thanks for shattering the illusion Breeze, guess who's getting my vote for Ebenezer this year?
On a completely different note I'm dreading going to work this morning, it's minus 31 with a wind chill giving a temperature that feels more like minus 37.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:54 am

Well that's your own fault for living in Glossop.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:36 pm

breezeblock wrote:Well that's your own fault for living in Glossop.

LMAO...though I thought he moved to Gretna.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm

Found out that on Sunday Edmonton, which is 300k to the north, was reputedly the coldest place on the planet at minus 58!!
I recall playing for my schoolteam in very similar temperatures and we had to wear v neck shirts with short sleeves, none of them undershirts or fancy neck-warmers in my day!!

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:38 am

do you live in alaska?

Admin
Team Manager

https://bwfcboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:53 am

No, Calgary Canada

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down