THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Relegation Candidates

Go down

Relegation Candidates

Post by mangler on Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Just over halfway now into the Premier League season, just wanted to know people's predictions for the relegation spots... obviously made more difficult by our current predicament, but hey.

I'm really surprised that Birmingham have shot up the league, I don't really rate McLeish, and thought they had a poor(ish) squad. They've managed to be really tight at the back and have struck gold with Bowyer actually performing for the first time in years!

My picks would be: Pompey, Hull, Wolves.

I hope Hull keep hold of Brownie, although their returning chairman is reported to be interested in getting someone else in... I imagine if their current form continues then it won't be long before they get shot of Orange Phil. Shame really, as I'd expect him to take them down this year.

Pompey are still the obvious shout for bottom - their continued financial troubles don't seem to be going away. They've had to delay paying the staff wages again this week, and now Lens are demanding firm action be taken over monies due to them. Add to that they are losing players to the ANC (5 I think) and that they're not allowed to buy in January and that all should be enough to see them off.

Wolves are my third pick, fractionally ahead of Burnley. Burnley have been slowly and quietly sliding down the league towards us since their early season good form, and I reckon they're just as crap as Wolves. Some of the points that Wolves have picked up of late have seemed remarkably fortuitous, rather than the fruits of any noticable quality. Burnley however have so far been able to show competitive form at home and I expect them to pick up enough points at Turf Moor to stave off relegation... in spite of Coyle's departure for the Reebok!!
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Re: Relegation Candidates

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Have to agree with your 3 choices, Burnley being the team that requires Coyle to stay there to keep them up.
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down