THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Spurs Goalie EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Spurs Goalie EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Spurs Goalie EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Spurs Goalie EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Spurs Goalie EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Spurs Goalie EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Spurs Goalie EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Spurs Goalie EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Spurs Goalie EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Spurs Goalie

5 posters

Go down

Spurs Goalie Empty Spurs Goalie

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:50 pm

Hopefully Cudicini (sp?) makes a full and speedy recovery from his motorbike accident this morning.

Internet says that he fractured both wrists and injured his pelvis; however, the police said his injuries could be "live changing".

At 36 y/o, he could well be out of the game long enough undergoing physical therapy that he is then too old to get back to footballing fitness.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Spurs Goalie Empty Re: Spurs Goalie

Post by hampo69 Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:17 am

I hope he makes a full recovery, but I think his time as a 'top' goalie is limited.
I think Spurs may just nurse him back to health and then off-load him.

I think they would be within their rights to drop him like a hot rock for breach of contract, but I don't think Spurs are so silly as to attract that much negative publicity.

Another case of people not looking when they are driving, especially when they are pulling out of junctions.
hampo69
hampo69
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:26 pm

Don't know how it is in the UK, Mark, but here bikers all to often make up their own road rules and they come out of nowhere, double-park at a red light so they can be first to go when it turns green, etc.

I dated a bloke with a bike a few years ago and he'd been in an accident where he was hit while stopped at a red light (waiting to turn left). The initial hit didn't injure him; however, the car behind the one that struck him ran over him while he was down on the ground, shattering the bone between the wrist and elbow.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo69 Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:36 am

Not too sure about the 'make up their own rules' thing, but there are a number who ruin it for the majority. A mate of mine rides like a complete tool every time he goes out, has a noisy exhaust and regularly speeds, excessively. Bikers here are allowed to 'filter' through traffic as long as it's done safely. I know it's banned in Canada, thanx to Peters son for the info.It does put you at more risk of someone not seeing you, as well as the chance of contact with oncoming traffic. There's no real reason why bikers can't use the advantages of size and acceleration to be first away from the lights.

As for coming out of nowhere, they don't just materialise. People just don't look for something the height and width of a person on the roads. It's not just when pulling out of junctions, like Cudicinis case, but even when they are approaching from the front, And I should know.

It turns out this woman who he hit was an Arsenal fan.
hampo69
hampo69
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:03 am

The only thing going for Cudicini is the fact he is an athlete, although I'm not sure in this case that will be a benefit. I do hope he makes a full recovery and can return to the game, as I've always liked him as a keeper.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo69 Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:45 am

I'm sure that his being an athlete, and in pretty good shape, will make for a speedy recovery. However, I don't know if he'll get back to being the keeper he used to be.
hampo69
hampo69
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:04 am

I've never understood thise 'filtering through traffic' business, especially when the traffic is stationary. I must have seen hundreds of wing mirrors being snapped off by careless motorbicyclisters who are just too impatient to wait in line like everyone else...and by hundreds I mean about six. Seriously, why can't they just wait?

Whenever possible I try to edge up alongside motorbikes at traffic lights 'cos I figure if there is room for car then surely I can have the same rights as the bike. They love it when I do that and they always have a little chat with me about how hilarious they think it is before riding away with my wing mirror hanging off their handlebars...
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Good for you Breeze. Me, I just try and edge over and knick them to see if they'll fall over.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:39 pm

I have a phobia of motorcyclists... they're akin to a wasp buzzing round just behind your head! I always pull in and let them by if possible, although then I get the petrol stink that they pump out the exhaust - it gets right up my nose!!

I've not been fond of them for a good while... ever since I used one as a speed bump... bloody git!! He was 'filtering' through stationary traffic on a tight residential road that I was crossing. This kindly lady stopped and flashed me across - how the hell he couldn't see me with my blue windscreen-wash-lights on full glare I'll never know.

He won't do it again though.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum