THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us"

+3
breezeblock
bigsamsarmyusa
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" Empty Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us"

Post by Admin Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:40 pm

SHOULD I PUT THIS IN THE JOKE THREAD TOO?

"We are losing games because the bounce of the ball is not going for us, but we need to score more goals - the first goal - and then we will be able to kick on using all the things that are good about this football club."

good grief you fool - i think you will find it is more than the bounce of the ball!

and plus, thats is half our problem, relying on the bounce of the ball by hoofing it up and hoping something falls to us!

I feel like our tactic is this.
Cahill boots it long, the defender heads it out, it bounces once, high though, gardner heads it back towards the box, davies pushes someone, the ball bounces off someones knee, taylor trips over it, but it falls for the referee who plays it out wide, ricketts crosses it, but its too deep, oh but the defender has slipped, the ball skids along the ground and comes of his back falling into the path of cohen, he pookes it toward goal, but mis-hits, the skew on the ball makes it deflect off mccann, the keeper is diving the wrong way, and its there! It trickles pst the post, Megson is delighted!
In the after match interview Megson says of the goal, "i think we proved that we can score from open play today, we played some great stuff as we have been all season"

Admin
Team Manager

https://bwfcboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" Empty Re: Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us"

Post by Admin Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:40 pm

Someone tell me what meggo is on about - half the time he talks such rubbish.

"There has been other people in this position so far this season that haven't got out of it, but have improved things in the short term.

"Last week we lost a game of football and there was an outcry about where we went, slipping from third bottom to second bottom.

He says things like, "we have to do this and that, but so far we havent been, we need to take the ideas and translate them into english because the lads are an honest bunch but the position we are in is mounting all the time. i think that when i took over the team were at the reebok and i am building a bridge, dont judge me on performances, judge me on our results, unless we are doing badly, then dont judge me and if you do, well your fickle anyway even if you dont!"

Admin
Team Manager

Back to top Go down

Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us" Empty Re: Meggo - "losing because the bounce of the ball is against us"

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:45 pm

He is now trying to deflect from our football by reminding everyone (via Sky) that there are more important things going on in the world: war, businesses going under, a "good friend of ours at Bolton (aka Mark Halsey, I presume...he's a friend of ours, not Megson's) fighting cancer..."

Shut up and pack your bag Megson!
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:21 am

I thought he said all that last week. I have noticed a few times recently whereby a manager gives a fairly long interview and they break it up into segments and present it as three or four daily interviews. I know that's the trick during the summer when pickings are slim but I'm sure the stuff about the war, etc. was from last week.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:26 am

and "our tactic" as described in the first post is spot on yes?

Admin
Team Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:50 pm

yes

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by drtobs Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:25 pm

yes i dont see them trying to attack any other way and its not fun to watch the hit and hope stuff even if we win from it!

drtobs

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:16 pm

He is now trying to deflect from our football by reminding everyone (via Sky) that there are more important things going on in the world: war, businesses going under, a "good friend of ours at Bolton (aka Mark Halsey, I presume...he's a friend of ours, not Megson's) fighting cancer..."

Very noble sentiments, however so typical of Megson to try and point the finger away from himself.
Gary, your job is to manage Bolton Wanderers and not in solving all the worlds problems.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby36 Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:44 am

Typical! personally I get very disgruntled going to matches now, I still turn up as a matter of routine, but I never get that going to the match feeling.

Its more of a going to the match dread.

I have been going to watch bolton for 50 ish years and I have never had quite this feeling about the team even in the 4th division.

I don't know how Megson can defend himself against comments like the ones he made about the fans who show up week after week, he is disgracful and he has no idea.

nobby36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum