THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY

Go down

BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY Empty BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY

Post by trotter82 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:23 am

Chat!!!

trotter82
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY Empty Re: BOLTON 3 - 3 MAN CITY

Post by tim_rigby on Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:49 am

It was better, but they defended appallingly. Megson clearly has no idea how to set up a defence, 3 clean sheets in 40 odd games do not lie, indeed we are the only team in any division not to have kept one this season. They were down to 10 men and they dominated and scored, simply not good enough, Megson should have changed the midfield far earlier than he did and he even then brought the wrong player on, Basham would have given us more control. Megson still has to go.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:43 pm

It's all well and good banging on about organising the defence, but Megson could spend hours 'setting up'' the defence (really?) on the training ground with the best defensive coach in the world, but it's worthless if, when the players get out on the pitch, they make individual errors.

Each goal was down to errors which players should not be making, at any level. Positives though, Klasnic looks quality and good god the man can finish. Lee played a good game againt quality opposition. Davies gave the defenders a torid time. Scored an amazing goal.

Last edited by dh1985 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:18 pm

It is not just about the players, Sam had Pedersen at left back and Simon Charlton, who if he is not technically a midget is pretty close, at centre half and kept clean sheets. In a one off game individual mistakes can be blamed, but not game after game. If he has bought the wrong players he should be sacked, if he can't organise them he should be sacked, if it is both he should be sacked. It is his responsibility that we have kept 3 clean sheets in 40 odd games, and that we have won only 6 games this year, there are no excuses for either of those facts.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:24 pm

We had a better team out when Pederson played at left back, and we still conceded goals.

I'm not saying that Megson is blameless but the players have to shoulder some responsibilty. Sam and his magical organisation could not stop Steinsson slipping on his arse or Muamba daydreaming.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:12 pm

Tim, can't you start a separate Megson out rant thread instead of invading all the others. This one is to discuss the game and the result.

It was a very entertaining game. There were mistakes made on both teams. Today we had some luck on our side (offside goal) but we also had Muamba, who was responsible for at least one of City's goals. He seems to always make the most basic of errors when we most need him to be strong.

Lee was brilliant today. Gave City a torrid time.

Please, someone at the club sign Klasnic on permanently because he's everything that we'd hoped Elmander would be (but isn't).

Megson said fans sang "you don't know what you are doing" when he brought off Klasnic and brought on Elmander. Megson said that Klasnic asked to be subbed, so I'm presuming he is injured...groin injury? Or should we worry about his kidneys?

Gary Cahill's goal was quite brilliant. If he keeps scoring AND is strong in defense, there is absolutely no way we will hold onto him come the summer.

All in all, a very decent performance.

Point of concern:

* Can we carry it forward to Tuesday's (even more) MUST WIN game vs. West Ham? Or, did we burn up every ounce of energy and motivation we had?
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:39 pm

Agreed Wendy, decent performance however other results did not go our way, unlike last season when there were so many mediocre teams scrapping for survival. Tuesday's game against WHU is going to be huge and I fear for our safety if we are unable to come up with all 3 points.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by denn on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:48 am

Entertaining game but very worrying again because we cannot defend. It seems we have to score tthree times to ensure at least a point.
denn
denn
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY on Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:50 am

If only MARK HUGHES could sort his defence out, terrible manager.
BUNBURY
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:53 am

In fairness bunbury, even city occasionally defend well, look at when they played Chelsea. We on the other hand virtually never defend well, one bad defensive performance does not make Hughes a bad manager, although I do think the jury is out on what he is doing at City, dozens and dozens of bad defensive performances do make Megson a bad manager.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:41 am

I don't give a damn about how good or bad City defend. On the other hand we are like a Swiss cheese, so full of holes!!

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:55 am

I thought it was a brilliant game yesterday... really enjoyed it.
Shame we couldn't hold out for the win, which I thought we just deserved.
I've watched the goals again today on MOTD, and I can't help feeling Jussi was pretty ropey for 2 of them... Richards beat him at his near post, and Tevez's 2nd... he looked slow to get down for both. Maybe I'm being harsh...

I was impressed with Robbo at LB - if Jlloyd has spat his dummy then he has to go, and if Robbo adds not only that level of bite to his tackling (taking SWP out early on was ace!) but his delivery into the box was excellent... indeed he had a left boot in 2 of our goals... then I'm happy for us to start with him.

Lee was at it for the first time in a while. Klasnic is such a breath of fresh air... please God sign this fucker in January!!
Cohen was busy and useful. Muamba... if that guy could pass as well as he tackles then he'd be one of the best midfielders in Europe!! I really feel for him - I hope he can starting nicking a few goals to boost his confidence, because he shrinks when he gets on the ball.

Davo was really good in the first half, but was the stinking polar oppositie in the 2nd... WTF happended to him? He cocked up everything he did 2nd half.
Even Matt Taylor was useful too... and that's been a long time coming.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:19 pm

In regards to Muamba I question what they do on the training field each day. If I had him for a month I guarantee he would be at least hitting the target instead of shanking the ball wide.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:21 pm

I'd like to know how any manager sets out his defence (even though I don't know what that means because Tim has just invented it like his narrow full backs idea) against a forward line of Tevez, Robinho and Adebayor?
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Breeze, I've always thought the best way to set out the defense is to just have them line up on the goal line, probably best if the defense is 8 men deep (imagine a zigzag formation) and they all jump up and down in an alternating fashion.

This managing job is a piece of cake.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:27 am

Breeze yet again you seem hell bent on defending Megson, some managers manage to organise their defences better than others, this must be tactical as the players are often no better than other comparable teams, look at Sam when he managed us, call it what you like, but there is a difference. Our set up, tactics whatever you wish to describe them as are terrible and clearly do not work, even when we play massively defensively, thus Megson must be bad at it.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:55 am

No, I just find it very easy to find fault with you and your made up world of football: setting out a defence, narrow full backs...just because it sounds good doesn't mean such a thing exists.

Our defence has been a victim of individual errors all season which is why we've had to chop and change and hope the replacements don't "river dance" up. I'd like to know if you think mark Hughes 'set up' his defence adequately on Saturday?
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:59 am

I thought City's defence was appalling, especially in the air.
How would you describe what a manager does before a game when deciding how his defence should operate, you are simply being pedantic for the sake. It is also clearly the case that your full-backs can tuck in and thus play in a narrow fashion or hold wider positions and rely on defending midfielders to slot into any gaps, you may agree with the full-backs tucking in or not, but it is clearly a tactical choice.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 am

You just like making up this kack! I'm going to start a new thread devoted to Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down