THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Latest topics
» testing
Is the pressure off? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Is the pressure off? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Is the pressure off? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Is the pressure off? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Is the pressure off? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Is the pressure off? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Is the pressure off? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Is the pressure off? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Is the pressure off? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Is the pressure off?

Go down

Is the pressure off? Empty Is the pressure off?

Post by jayjay23 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:57 am

Is that it now, is the pressure back off Megson, 4 points in 2 games.

I fear it might be and I cant complain about the results for the last 2 games but im not sure we have really turned the corner. It is still our worst ever start to a premiership season, even worse than the years we have gone down. (double check)

We have now claimed 5 points from the last 21 on offer, so is all well? We still dont have that clean sheet.

And please remember we were playing a team now below us in the league, and we didnt really convince on the pitch.

I sound like a doom monger but I like to think im a realist.

im sure megson will now be saying, "judge me on the points we have got" and in small print he is referring to "in the last 2 home games"

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Is the pressure off? Empty Re: Is the pressure off?

Post by mangler on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:00 am

The pressure has eased, as most people expected. This month is a big month for us, and Megson will be judged come the start of January... I am fairly confident that we'll look a lot healthier by then.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:41 am

I don't think the pressure has eased at all. True, if we lost both games, we'd be adrift at the bottom and Megson's position would surely be untennable but, again, we have two massive derbies away in a week and defeats there will send us right back in the brown stuff.

On the flip side obviously, if we continue the momentum and get points in the next three games, then maybe the pressure will start to ease.

You only have to look at Birmingham to see how a run of good results can change your season. They were crying for their manager's head a few weeks ago and now they're dreaming of Europe. I'm not saying the same will happen to us, far from it, but good results in our next three games could shape our season, similar to how bad results could do.

Last edited by dh1985 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:18 am; edited 1 time in total

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislanz on Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 am

It's the old double edged sword, We want the team to do well, But also want a new manager.......

chrislanz
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:44 am

We need a new manager, the real point is we have made no noticeable progress since Megson took over, our playing squad is no better, our position in the league is not really any better, his average points per game is actually getting worse and we have kept four clean sheets in nearly 50 games. Even if he won the next three games he should still be sacked, the underlying stats both for his time here and those for his role managing other clubs would require dozens of wins back to back to become acceptable.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa on Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:59 pm

We have 3 games between now and the end of the year (4 if you count Arsenal on January 6) plus the FA cup game on the 2nd.

It appears that Megson's been given a points expectation from Gartside. So far he (or the team) has got 4 from 6 pts.

I would hope that the expectation is that we get 9 from 9 of the next 3 games, giving us a total of 13 of 15 pts(or 13 from 18 if you presume that we lose vs. Arsenal).

For me, he HAS TO get those 9 points and win the FA cup game to keep his job. Anything less should hopefully see him gone.

IF he gets the 9 points, on top of the 16 we have now, that is 25 pts, Not brilliant but we'd be on track at around the half way mark of the season to get 50 points at season's end. Obviously we won't get that many points but IF he gets to 25 points at year's end, I can't see a way that Gartside/the club will sack him...no matter how much we might want it.

However, should he survive to the end of the season and keep us up, I would hope that the club still finally severe ties with him.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down