THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago!

4 posters

Go down

Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! Empty Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago!

Post by jayjay23 Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:25 am

“I’m not surprised that Gary Megson has been sacked,” said the former Real Madrid star, who was axed by Megson. “I thought he would have been let go much earlier.
“The players were not with him. They didn’t trust him and the style of football he played was far too simple.
“Bolton deserve better and I think an ideal candidate to replace him would be Gary Speed.

Well, what does that tell you?
I think we will hear more of this kind of thing from other players.
Stelios also refused to comment on wheather Megson was the right man for the job.

the full report said
BOLTON legend Ivan Campo claims the club should have sacked Gary Megson sooner and wants Gary Speed to replace him.
Campo says Bolton deserve better than Megson, claiming he had lost the Wanderers dressing room.
The Spaniard, who has signed for AEK Larnaca for the rest of the season, says his former team-mate Speed is the ideal man to sort out the mess left by Megson and save Wanderers from relegation.
Speed was Sammy Lee’s No 2 last season before quitting and is Kevin Blackwell’s assistant at Sheffield United.
“I’m not surprised that Gary Megson has been sacked,” said the former Real Madrid star, who was axed by Megson. “I thought he would have been let go much earlier.
“The players were not with him. They didn’t trust him and the style of football he played was far too simple.
“Bolton deserve better and I think an ideal candidate to replace him would be Gary Speed.
“I spoke to him last season and he is someone who is very keen to become a manager. I know his football philosophy would suit Bolton Wanderers perfectly.
“He would have the respect of the players and the fans and he knows the club very well.
“He would be the perfect candidate if Bolton want a young, enthusiastic manager with a lot of passion.”
Campo’s backing for Speed comes after Burnley boss and former Bolton favourite Owen Coyle distanced himself from the job.
Paul Jewell has also ruled himself out, while Mark Hughes is understood not to be interested.
Coyle said: “It’s a fantastic job for somebody because it’s a wonderful club, but my focus is on the job I’m doing here.”

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! Empty Re: Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago!

Post by jayjay23 Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:27 am

we have already had smolarek, elmander, samuel, riga and other speak out about megson.
i know some of them are fringes but it still counts.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago! Empty Re: Campo: Megson lost dressing room months ago!

Post by tim_rigby Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:13 am

Does not surprise me, although it begs the question why on earth Gartside did not act sooner, he let his personal relationship with Megson and Curtis get in the way of doing his job, if I was Eddie Davies I would be seriously annoyed.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Gartside would have been daft to act much sooner then he did. Personal dislikes of Megson aside, he really wasn't that far off course in terms of achieving what presumably is the set objective each season for BWFC.... staying in the Prem.

Like it or not, we've always been in with a good enough chance of survival, and it's all very easy to sit in the stands and assume you could do a better job.

Fairs fair. Gartside has acted promptly enough, and if he makes a decent appointment anytime soon then things could really start to look rosy for us. We have (IMO) a reasonably decent squad; one which a good manager could make very good use of.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:24 pm

[quote="mangler"]
Fairs fair. Gartside has acted promptly enough, and if he makes a decent appointment anytime soon then things could really start to look rosy for us. We have (IMO) a reasonably decent squad; one which a good manager could make very good use of.[/quote]

Such as no subbing of Klasnic for McCann
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down