THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics.

+9
drtobs
pthorpe
dh1985
tim_rigby
jayjay23
trotter82
chrislanz
Admin
breezeblock
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics.

Post by pthorpe Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:14 am

I think there are more things to be concerned about, for instance it looks like Elin is going to be leaving her man.....

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tim's Magical World of Football Tactics.

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:00 am

I said further up what is wrong, but you don't want that, you just want some excuse any excuse to no admit it is megson's fault. Is it or is it not Megson's fault that our defence is so bad?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:17 am

Where did you say what is wrong? Two full backs standing three metres the wrong way? is that it? is that the sum total of your analysis of Megson's defending? That's what you have managed to come up with despite calling him so many names...narrow full backs????

Give it up Tim, just admit you made yet another smartarse comment about tactics and then couldn't back it up when taken to task. Even Alan Hansen is starting to make you look like tactically inept.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:33 am

And still no answer from breeze, typical New Labour never answer a question, especially when you know you are wrong.
I also said they are too deep, lack organisation, lack leadership, I am not a football coach breeze, but I do expect Megson to be able to organise his defence as effectively as Tony Pulis, Sammy A, McCleish, Hart/Grant at Portsmouth etc...., but he can't.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 pm

So now they're too deep as well? Prove they are too deep...give me some examples. Can't be against City because you have to play deep against a front three that has pace, you can't risk being caught out and giving them room in behind. Anyway, let's have some examples seeing as you're the only person to mention this of a Megson defence ever.

They lack organisation...that's a very fluffy thing to say. How would you change that?

They lack leadership...surely only having a leader on the pitch can alter that?

The thing is Tim, our defence is just four blokes and a lot of the goals we have been conceding have come not from the front men but from runners from the flanks and from the middle. In other words the responsibility for defending is the whole team. No amount of TPS style management can empower the back four to mark 5 players - it has to be done as a team. But YOU don't think that's the case, YOu think wingers shouldn't have to track back and YOU are wrong...it's part of the modern game and being clever has caught you out yet again.

But you're right about one thing...you're not a football coach. Far from it.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:20 pm

Breeze I have never suggested I was, I disagree with you to the extent to which Wingers should defend and I would rather the central midfielders played a bigger role. But why won't you give us your opinion on whether Megson is succeeding with his tactics and coaching our defence? Or are you too much of a coward?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeywhite Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:29 pm

I bumped into JLS the other day and didn't know whether to say anything or not, but decided to just say hello.

At first he just totally blanked me, staring off vacantly into the distance.

After a few moments, he just said to me "when the wind changes, the birds will fly" and walked off.

Don't know about the rest of them, but J-Lloyd was definitely a bit too deep for my liking.
wakeywhite
wakeywhite
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeywhite Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 pm

And as for the full backs being 3 yards too narrow, I'm more worried that in most of Megson's reign our lone forward has been 40 yards too far up.
Or maybe our midfield 40 yards too far back.
Or maybe a bit of both ...
wakeywhite
wakeywhite
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 pm

Tim, you don't seem to be undertanding the point: Megson wants the wingers to track back (God only knows how you think central midfielders can track opposition wingers and full backs whilst our own wingers stand still) but they haven't been doing that. Tactically that is a sound and solid desire and follows the vast majority of PL teams. However, when they don't do it tactics count for nothing because our full backs are suddenly marking two players.

Let me tell you something I know about football coaching...YOU make Megson look like a tactical genius and you should stop trying to be so clever when it's clear you don't know much about the subject.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:50 pm

This reminds me of the conversation he had with Sluffy on BA. All of a sudden, he had a law degree and had practised.

Don't be suprised if Tim hasn't found time to obtain a UEFA coaching badge or two.

Either way, I agree with Breeze. Wingers tracking back is tried and tested. I cannot comprehend how them not doing would help the defence.

Sadly, the stats have changed but the outcome is still very much the same. Last season we couldn't score goals and lost. This season we can't keep clean sheets and lose.

If only there was a way to do both. To score goals and keep clean sheets. Boy, that would be sweet!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:55 am

all of you, there are more important things, football is one thing but in this world there are bigger issues like war, famine and mark halsey.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:10 am

Dh you little twerp, I have said above I have no football qualifications, I have even said on other posts that I was not even much good at playing it, I do on the other hand have a law degree etc.
I don't actually think wingers should never track back, but I would like to see if the fullbacks still went forward even if the wingers stay up, in theory that would give us a 4 on 2 overload, surely they could not risk that?
Breeze answer the question is megson at fault for us conceding so many goals?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 am

Megson isn't at fault because of defensive tactics, no (which is what originally asked).
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:31 am

So why could Sam keep clean sheets with Pedersen at left back and Charlton at centre half, but Megson can't keep one in 20 odd games with four defenders, who has hand picked at some expense?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:14 am

tim_rigby wrote:So why could Sam keep clean sheets with Pedersen at left back and Charlton at centre half, but Megson can't keep one in 20 odd games with four defenders, who has hand picked at some expense?
No idea. Tell us why.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:39 am

Well as the personnel were worse, it must be down to tactics. You see unlike your hero megson, Sam is a good manager.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislanz Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:27 pm

Sorry tim, Big sam was an average player, And he is not a bad manager, Good manager is stretching it a bit..........

chrislanz
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:45 pm

I assume how you set up the defence and the width of the full backs applies throughout the game? If so, at Blackburn, Sam's team and his excellent set up have only conceeded one less than us. One measy goals is all that separate a good manager and an inept fool in terms of defensive set up. Interesting.

Last edited by dh1985 on Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't take the Blackburn v Spurs result in to account)

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Geez everybody this is getting tiresome. Don'y you know it's Christmas, goodwill to your fellow man and all that good stuff?
Let's call a truce and move on.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:04 pm

and they've played 2 games more than us........ now I'll call a truce..!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:52 pm

Tim, how should Megson set up the defence for the Wigan game?
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:02 am

Perhaps taking Sam's career average for goals conceded per game in the Prem and Megson's would be more illustrative.
Chris if Sam is a 'not bad manager' what does that make megson the stuff you have to scrape off your shoe if you step in it.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:39 am

breezeblock wrote:Tim, how should Megson set up the defence for the Wigan game?

What he said.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:58 am

Breeze I am simply ignoring you, you don't want to engage in any sort of sensible debate, just act like a child, for some reason. It appears you have resigned yourself to being wrong about Megson and accepting he should be fired, now you have some false hope as a result of two games and you are back in your denial of the obvious faze. No one can deny that the fact we have an appalling defensive record is a direct indictment of Gary Megson, they are his players, he signed the entire back for, he trains them and he chooses the defensive tactics. It is simply irrefutable that Sam with lesser resources managed to create a better defensive unit at Bolton. Under megson we have had something like four clean sheets in fifty games, that is pathetic and so is any attempt to justify it. We are the only team in any of the top four leagues not to keep a clean sheet this season. We will never progress under Megson, so stop being a child accept you were wrong and move on.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:05 pm

You said: Megson sets up his defence incorrectly.

I ask: How should he set it up for tomorrow's game against Wigan.

You said: Quick, look at that space shuttle and ran away whilst I was temporarily distracted.

If you think Megson is so wrong it shouldn't be too difficult to tell us what he should do right for tomorrow's game.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by laughtoe Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:07 pm

If he can get them to play at least as passionately as the last two games, I'll be happy.
laughtoe
laughtoe
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum