THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Classic Megson EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Classic Megson EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Classic Megson EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Classic Megson EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Classic Megson EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Classic Megson EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Classic Megson EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Classic Megson EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Classic Megson EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Classic Megson

+2
dh1985
tim_rigby
6 posters

Go down

Classic Megson Empty Classic Megson

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:57 am

Normally one would doubt anything written in the Daily Mirror as the rantings of economically illiterate fools, but this has direct quotes.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Bolton-boss-Gary-Megson-still-unsure-over-permanent-Klasnic-move-article259725.html?

Apparently, whilst shelling out at least £8m on Elmander was something of a no-brainer, Megson is having to think long and hard over paying £1.4m for Klansnic who has already scored more goals in something like five games, than Elmander has in a season and a half. Apparently while Megson accepts that he scores goals, which strikes me as the primary role of a forward, he also of course sets them up, but and yes you guessed it, he does not run around sufficiently for Megson's liking. The man will simply never learn, a true goalscorer is almost priceless and he is too thick to understand £1.4m is cheaper than that.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Classic Megson Empty Re: Classic Megson

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:10 am

200k loan fee? Bargain! Can anyone really see the permanent fee being so low though at £1.4m. That seems ridiculously cheap for a international striker, regardless of whether they want him off the wage books or not? We shall see.

Regarding Megson, where does he say he won't sign him?
"The future? Ivan hasn't mentioned anything and we've not mentioned it. There are a lot of things that need to be discussed before we get to that point. He is here for the full season and we will see where we go after that."

All Megson has said is that there are a lot of things to discuss before we can reach some form of agreement. That is hardly suprising. Surely being in business you understand that. They probably want to get Nantes to sign one of those 'we won't sue you clauses' that are so popular.

Besides, Megson often keeps his cards close to his chest. If we are in talks, I doubt he'd broadcast it to other clubs!

I'd stick to not trusting everything you read Tim.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:37 am

Klasnic said something along the line of he likes playing in the prem and wants to remain here, he wants to progress within this league be it with bolton or not. When a player talks like that it always sounds as if they have eyes on somewhere else, does it?

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:54 am

We're paying a small loan fee for the season and we've probably got first dabs on him after that as part of the agreement. What would be the point in shelling out money now?
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:59 am

The point breeze my dear boy is that whilst me will almost certainly have a clause specifying a set transfer fee, it may well, indeed probably is different from what the Mirror say, and we can hold Nantes to that, we can't hold Klasnic. If he were to say score, another 10 to 15 goals before the end of the season, what are the chances of us being his first choice, if we sign him now even if he wants to leave we make a fat profit. A true goalscorer is worth his weight in gold, probably even more nowadays.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:02 am

Fat profit on what? A 30 year old striker with one kidney who has played a handful of games for Bolton Wanderers?

What about the wages, we're probably only paying part of them. There's no rush...he's going nowhere and we probably have first option to buy (and that figure is probably wrong as well).
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 am

We probably do have first option with the club, but not with him, we can't have thus Nantes would have to accept the price but he could say no I would rather play for another club who was interested. I know what you say about his age, but if he keeps scoring at anything like this rate no one will give a crap, teams are always desperate for a goal scorer. What would Liverpool give to have him, right now?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:52 am

Tim you state that Klasnic might not want to sign for us in the summer due to other team's interest. Fair point.

In that case, why would he want to sign for us now? We were in the bottom three up until Tuesday and we can offer him no guarantee that we will stay up. Why would he sign for us in January?

At least in the summer, we (hopefully) will be able to offer him guaranteed Premiership football next season.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 am

Megson is playing it cool and said: "Ivan just scores goals. His contribution is sometimes not what I would have hoped, but he has got that single-mindedness that he wants to get goals.
"He could have come off the other night against West Ham, he wasn't doing the other things we want, but I'm not sure we have another player who would have been in there to get our second goal."

yep, he was just about to bring him off v hammers before he scored and i dont think that would have been the right move, i wish we could go back in time just to see how it wud have turned out if he subbed him 30 seconds before the goal.
his managerial career could be decided by the ball not going out of play for that 30 seconds!

Last edited by Admin on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mistake)

Admin
Team Manager

https://bwfcboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:41 am

Signing Klasnic now would probably mean one less loan deal in the January window. It's a no-brainer...just leave the deal as it stands.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:31 am

Admin wrote:Megson is playing it cool and said: "Ivan just scores goals. His contribution is sometimes not what I would have hoped, but he has got that single-mindedness that he wants to get goals.
"He could have come off the other night against West Ham, he wasn't doing the other things we want, but I'm not sure we have another player who would have been in there to get our second goal."

yep, he was just about to bring him off v hammers before he scored and i dont think that would have been the right move, i wish we could go back in time just to see how it wud have turned out if he subbed him 30 seconds before the goal.
his managerial career could be decided by the ball not going out of play for that 30 seconds!

Who knows how valuable those two extra points could be at the end of the season, not to say that we wouldn't have won the game regardless. Could be the difference between staying up and going down, or just missing a Europa League place!

Still, let all the focus be on Megson as per usual!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:03 am

I read the other day some quotes from Klasnic, pretty much saying about how he is aiming to prove himself in the Prem... nothing about Bolton other than we're in the shit and need to get some wins to get out of it.

If he carries on knocking goals in then we probably will be usurped by some other club (usually Everton).

I could well imagine that if the club tried starting talks (maybe they already have) to sign him on a permanent deal, then his response would be along the lines of "Not now lads, we'll see in the summer". That being the case, Megson is not going to broadcast it, and also he's not going to say publicly that we'd like to sign him because it brings the spotlight onto us, and when we don't sign him straight away then everybody else will know he wants out or isn't committed to us and it'll be a free-for-all. Which doesn't help us in any way.

I'm starting to think that Megson - when asked any questions about the club - should just say "No comment". He'd still get slagged off for that, but at least we wouldn't have fans twisting his words to try to point to a different meaning all the time.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:43 am

What? Like not speak to the BBC perhaps? What type of nob-head would do that?

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:18 am

Fergie?

I'd take him in an instant.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:46 pm

I'm not convinced. I think he's got some form of connection with Man Utd. Our fans would never take to him. He'd get booed before his first game. Our next manager needs to be one who everyone can get behind.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:15 pm

A bit like our defence.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down