THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Coyle Rules himself out of running EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Coyle Rules himself out of running

+6
nobby36
josh8
tim_rigby
breezeblock
laughtoe
bigsamsarmyusa
10 posters

Go down

Coyle Rules himself out of running Empty Coyle Rules himself out of running

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:10 am

Coyle - Trotters not for me
Clarets boss has no interest in Bolton post
By Chris Burton Last updated: 31st December 2009

Coyle: Happy where he is

Burnley boss Owen Coyle has ruled himself out of the running for the vacant managerial post at Bolton.

The Trotters are in the market for a new coach after relieving Gary Megson of his duties at the Reebok Stadium on Wednesday.

Numerous names have already been linked with the role, with Clarets chief Coyle among them.

The Scot turned out for Bolton during his playing days and has forged quite a reputation during his time in charge at Turf Moor.

Speculation
However, he insists he has no intention of leaving his current position, with his attention only on their FA Cup third round tie against MK Dons on Saturday.

"It is a fantastic job for someone out there but my focus is on doing the best against MK Dons this weekend," said Coyle.

"I have had speculation time and time again but, as always, I am concentrating on the job in hand."

Coyle was strongly linked with a move to Celtic over the summer, before Tony Mowbray eventually succeeded Gordon Strachan at Parkhead.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Coyle Rules himself out of running Empty Re: Coyle Rules himself out of running

Post by laughtoe Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 am

Well, if you read his words carefully, he's not quite ruling it out is he? Reads to me like a carefully phrased answer that leaves the door open.

It's the journalist that's saying "has no interest" and "ruled himself out" and so on. Had he said outright: I will definitely be staying at Burnley, then that would have been concrete, but he said he's concentrating on his next match - a very different answer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bolton_wanderers/8435968.stm
laughtoe
laughtoe
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:49 am

I read it just as you did Don. It's hardly a categorical denial.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:47 am

I have to agree, especially when you look at the words he uses such as "my focus is now on burnley", and when asked to rule out the move he actually point blank refused to speak about it, I would say if one looks at the interview it was very positive.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:22 am

but everyone does that these days.... he could just be angling for an improved contract from Burnley by sounding like he's keeping his options open.....?
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:26 am

That's a very good point. He's also been whinging about the budget (or lack of) so his agent will already be haggling for a new deal.

There's still hope.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:27 am

I don't think so, Phil Brown gave a pretty convincing job of ruling himself out, Coyle's was very limp and he has only just signed a new contract I can't see him getting another. It sounds like he wants to come, it is just a question of whether we are willing to buy him from them.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by nobby36 Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:28 am

coyle has not ruled himself out. he left the door open saying he is concentrating on his next match doesn't suggest he is not interested

nobby36

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:52 am

Coyle doesn't rule it out, although considering he was supposedly wanted by Celtic and turned that down, I can't see him jacking Burnley for us.

I wouldn't be surprised to find he's a man of his word and will stick with Burnley at least till the end of this season... which may allow for a rumour I read of us wanting Reid to oversee until the summer before selecting a permanent replacement then.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by denn Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:40 am

So Owen Coyle it is then.
denn
denn
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:46 am

mangler wrote:Coyle doesn't rule it out, although considering he was supposedly wanted by Celtic and turned that down, I can't see him jacking Burnley for us.

I wouldn't be surprised to find he's a man of his word and will stick with Burnley at least till the end of this season... which may allow for a rumour I read of us wanting Reid to oversee until the summer before selecting a permanent replacement then.

That could work, provided we stay up. I would not be suprised if Burnley go down this season. Hell, we had two opportunities to go above them this week.

If they do go down, all of a sudden Bolton will look far more appealing.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:49 pm

No, not a rule out.

This other article uses the same quote!

Coyle Doesn't Deny Bolton Interest

Along with Mark Hughes, Burnley manager and former Wanderers player Owen Coyle is one of the bookies favourites to succeed sacked Gary Megson at the Reebok.

In a recent game against Burnley the Bolton fans chanted Coyles name and clapped him from the stands sending a clear message to thier own club regarding their feelings towards Megson.

Just one game later, after a run of four unbeaten, Gary Megson was relieved of his duties as manager of Boton Wanderers. When interviewed about the possibility of joining the Wanderers Coyle failed to completely rule himself out of the running. He said,"My focus is on doing the best against MK Dons this weekend" but admitted the opportunity would make "a fantastic job for someone."

Coyle's failure to catagorically close the door on the subject has raised speculation that he could be tempted away from his current post. When prompted further Mr Coyle avoided making a direct answer and chose his words wisely saying,"As always, I am concentrating on the job in hand."

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum