THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Our squad EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Our squad EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Our squad EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Our squad EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Our squad EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Our squad EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Our squad EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Our squad EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Our squad EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Our squad

2 posters

Go down

Our squad Empty Our squad

Post by dh1985 Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Following on from the Riga thread, which players from our current team do you want to keep; which do you think can do as job as back up until they're replaced and which players do you want out of the club asap? Please take into account that we actually have to have enough players to compete in matches in the interim so as tenpting as it is to sell them all, it is best to be patient.

Keep

Jussi
Al Habsi

Steinson - Happy with either full back to start and the other to be back up*
Ricketts

Samuel - * Ditto Left back but Samuel would probably get the nod from me.
Robinson

Cahill - only one of our centre backs I'm confident in. His future is sadly not in our hands though!

Muamba - young enough to improve although surely the elements of his game he needs to improve, i.e. passing, should have already been acquired by now. He impressed for England U21 so he clearly has some talent, just stop him leaving our half.
Basham - hope he gets more games under the new manager. Not saying he's a world beater but I've been impressed with what I have seen. Strangely enough under Megson, he seemed to make the majority of his appearances against top opposition. Would like to see how he acquits himself in a game where he'd be expected to dictate more of the play.
Cohen - I like Cohen. Good player with an eye for a goal. Can fity in well in the hopefully new look team.
M Davies - early promise in his home debut. Struggled to live up to it. Certainly has potential. Hope he can realise it under the new manager.

Gardner - Good impact sub and should be able to compete with Taylor for a starting role now Megson has left. Has pace which can trouble even the best of the defenders and can beat a man like few of our other players can. Hope to see more of him this season.
Taylor - set pieces are invaluable. May be able to contribue more in open play if we play a more expansive game. I hope that the left wing spot is more openly contested with Gardner and that there will be no more 'favourites'. While I like Taylor, he has been poor at times and Gardner deserved to take his place.

Lee Chung Yong - excellent touch, distrubution etc. His set pieces frustrate me but that can be worked on. Good young player and can be a key player for the new manager. Still only 21 and has so much potential. He has performed and adapted better and quicker than I expected. He is certainly a good signing by Ginger Mourinho.

Klasnic - hope we can sign him permanently. Might be out of our hands though. Class act!
K Davies - has a better touch than a lot give him credit for. I can see the new manager still starting him and, provided that we don't rely on him as much as we have in the Megson / Allardyce era, I don't see that being a problem. This may be his last season as a regular starter though and it pains me to say that. Certainly keep him as a squad player for a while though when we're chasing games and need to go more direct.

Keep (as back up)

Saumel / Robinson
Steinsson / Ricketts

Andy O'Brien - keep for the time being. While I don't want him starting, I am happy enough for him to remain as back up to Cahill and a new purchase for now.

Shittu - same as AOB.

Davis - didn't see enough of him due to his injury. Happy to have him as a squad player.

Elmander - I'm not convinced he'll do any better as under a new manager but, considering how much we paid for him and how much of that we're likely to get back, we might as well give him a go.

Sell

Hunt - too high a wage to be third choice right back

Knight - far too error prone and inconsistent. Megson's worst buy in my opinion.

McCann - don't think he deserves all the stick he gets as he isn't that bad. Playing him and Muamba together was the problem. That said, I think Basham is the better player and Gavin is no longer needed.

Joey O'Brien - he'll never be a Premiership quality player, either through ability or staying injury free. It's time to put him down (or release him, whatever's easiest). Sadly, he signed a new one year deal so he'll be here for a bit longer yet.

Riga - Dog shit

Vaz Te - Dog shit Mark II

Last edited by dh1985 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Our squad Empty Re: Our squad

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:50 pm

Keep/Keep for now:

Jussi......Keep and give him some time off now and then.
Al Habsi..Keep and give him more games.

Steinson..keep, happy with him as 1st choice fullback.
Ricketts...Keep (for now) as backup.
Samuel....I think he's done ok and should continue on at least till season's end
Robinson..He's actually looked quite capable in recent games so I'd keep him and switch and change as form and/or bookings dictate (at least till summer).
Cahill.......No-brainer, this
Basham....Possibly one for the future that Coyle could improve him.
Cohen......Keep, squad for later.
M Davies..Another keeper that Coyle could improve him.
Gardner....Keep, I'm a sucker for showing commitment to a player that has given us 10 years. Best used when pace is needed, impact late in games.
Taylor.....I like Taylor. He doesn't do as much as some would like but he scores goals...many of them stunners.
Lee Chung Yong...Keep; I can see Coyle really bring out the best of him when he has players that can play the ball on the ground around him.
Klasnic...Keep and sign him PLEASE!!!
K Davies...Keep and use him more sporadically...once Coyle has changed things up and we are playing the ball on the ground. He should always be on the bench when not on the pitch.

IFFY:

Andy O'Brien - keep for the time being. While I don't want him starting, I am happy enough for him to remain as back up to Cahill and a new purchase for now. (ditto from me).

Muamba...Keep only if Coyle thinks he can bring him on/get better from him.

Shittu...No real open as I've not seen much of him; however, he's in the ANC so he's going nowhere in January.

McCann - don't think he deserves all the stick he gets as he isn't that bad. Playing him and Muamba together was the problem. That said, I think Basham is the better player and Gavin is no longer needed.

S. Davis - didn't see enough of him due to his injury. Happy to have him as a squad player. (Ditto from me)

Elmander...I'm not convinced he'll do any better as under a new manager but, considering how much we paid for him and how much of that we're likely to get back, we might as well give him a go. (Ditto...unless someone offers silly money for him.) It is possible, I suppose, that he could develop a working partnership with Klasnic.

Sell

Hunt - too high a wage to be third choice right back (Very good point, plus I don't think he's playing much in the reserves, either).

Knight...Any time the ball comes within 100 feet of him, I'm scared! SELL!!

Joey O'Brien - Injuries have ruined him; however, they extended his contract through the summer so he'd not have that weight on his shoulders too, so he'll not leave before summer.

Riga - Never properly test but when given minutes on the pitch, never even looked capable.

Vaz Te - Always been poor, IMNO.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down