THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Megson v Allardyce... EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Megson v Allardyce... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Megson v Allardyce...

3 posters

Go down

Megson v Allardyce... Empty Megson v Allardyce...

Post by josh8 Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:47 pm

I think pound for pound Megson for me........ although Sam could definitey motivate players and bring out the best in them.... I prefer Megsons football even when it hasn't gone to plan..... mainly down to the standard of player he has available compared to Sam..... but he is trying.... were as Sam had some mega talent available to him but insisted on playing that long ball shite week in week out... how frustrating....!
so Megson gets my vote.....!!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Megson v Allardyce... Empty Re: Megson v Allardyce...

Post by mangler Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:42 pm

Megson v Allardyce???

Sam would absolutely twat him!!!

Unless of course you mean football-wise... in which case... Sam would absolutely twat him!!

C'mon Josh, you must have had a beer or three before posting this... what Sam achieved with us is leagues beyond what Megson has done. Don't get me wrong, I'd love Megson to get us into the Uefa Cup, top 8 finishes four years on the bounce and a League Cup final appearance... with the likes of Djorkaeff, Okocha, Hierro, Anelka etc gracing the Reebok, but he's still got some way to go to catch BSA.

We're improving... slowly but surely... but let's not get carried away!
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:44 pm

PS...
The football under BSA wasn't always that bad... certainly it was great to see us up against the likes of Arsenal... our football wouldn't be text-book beautiful like theirs, but you could really appreciate us making life difficult for them and then taking the 3 points.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:03 pm

yeah I did.... but I didn't apprechiate playing Sheff Utd or west brom at home like that.....! I loved the success we achieved under Sam but I was also frustrated with the football.... don't forget it took him 1/2 a season to play Hairo and he had the most talented players ever to wear a white shirt and a wage bill to match.....!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Thing with that Hierro fella was, he came to us a centre-back.. and he was a shite centre-back (certainly in the Prem, as it's too fast for him). At the time I think we had both Campo and Faye who played the all-important anchor midfield role, and both did it pretty well. With that in mind it was always gonna take some time before BSA had the opportunity to try Hierro in the role that suited him best... he even transfer-listed him in that January - whether it was a kick up the arse or just an attempt to raise much needed funds I don't know... but it friggin worked!!!

Hierro came in and made that role his own... the guy was absolute class!

Going back to the original point... BSA v Megster... the ginger maestro would never dream of signing someone like Hierro... let's be fair though, who, as manager of BWFC, would have thought... "I know, I think I'll have a punt on that Real Madrid legend Fernando Hierro... let's see if he fancies a crack at Bolton"???

I don't think many managers would have the balls and ambition to land someone like that. Certainly BSA set the mould when it comes to landing foreign (albeit aged) superstars on a tight budget.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 pm

Try to remember that Hierro came, played crap and then was transfer listed and only got back in the team because no-one could afford his wages and we had injury problems.

Personally I can't see any value in comparing the two managers...It's like comparing Jonathan King to Gary Glitter.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:51 pm

yes I agree.... and at the time it was brilliant..... It worked for a while mainly because Sam pioneered that form of signing....washed-up superstar/indian summer seeker on mega wages....! the thing is other teams cottoned on and also started to copy us.... plus the down side to this type of wheeler dealing doesn't leave you with a legacy or assets ....... just bloody hard act to follow....!!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down