THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley

+2
josh8
dh1985
6 posters

Go down

Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley Empty Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:51 pm

Scott Parker

Curbishley has managed him twice and has signed him for West ham already.

Get Curbs in and give him an open cheque book to bring him to The Reebok. WHU haave still got money worries so they may be open to a deal, especially if they go down.

His presence alone in midfield would give us a boost of 3-4 league places. 29 so he's no getting any younger but he's a quality player.

Can we sign him. It's unlikely but it's not impossible. More likely to sign for Curbs than Peter Fucking Reid anyway!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley Empty Re: Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley

Post by josh8 Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:01 pm

well you'd think so.... but then :
blame the Bwsa, as there spokesman stated on ssn yesterday that reid would be a popular choice with the supporters

www.independent dot co dot uk/sport/football/premier-league/bolton-look-to-reid-as-megsons-successor-1853778.html
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley Empty Re: Another reason for Gartside to get Curbishley

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:29 pm

Fuck me. If we appoint Peter Reid, I might take Tim's advice and go and support Rochdale until he's gone (which will no doubt be in two years and we'll be right back where we started in terms of looking for a manager although, this time, we'll most likely in the Championship).

Who gives a shiny shite if he played for us or not. His last job was managing fucking Thailand! Does that not tell you enough? I'd rather have Megson back than Reid.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:05 pm

imagine .....the scene set... Peter Reid turns up at Phil
Gartsides Office....shake hands, exchange pleasantries then Peter has a
proposition to put to Phil...

“why not let me take over until the
end of the season...won't cost the club a penny”… “I'll do it for free... no
strings” ….. “I'll even guarantee we'll stay up and have all the players
playing for me”!
“£5m would be nice for the window...
but if you're really strapped...I think I can manage with the players already
here,”

My record speaks for itself…. Top 5 finishes with
Sunderland, saved Leeds from relegation” “I’m just in it for the challenge and
to put something back into the club that gave me my start” “ So, what do you
say Phil” ?

erm, erm I wonder
what his answer would be ???

(I know what I’d say…….. “remember when you went on
strike and wouldn’t move to Arsenal or Everton for £650.000 because you wanted
to go to wolves but they wanted you for £100.000 less…. then getting injured
and eventually going to Everton for £65.000….. costing the club thousands and
relegation”…..?)
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 pm

NOOOOOO

Not Peter Reid!

They just presume he would be popular for some misplaced sentimental reason. Dont make another mistake!

first allydyce the lee, then megson, not 4 in a row with reid!

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 pm

sam allydyce bit was a joke.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:37 pm

they think we want him because that prat chairman of the bolton supporters association was asked on sky sport news who he thought bolton supporters wanted... he piped up...Peter fucking Reid....??... they then repeated this interview throughout the day... so now the whole world think we all want the poisoned scouse dwarf

they wonder why they find it difficult to attract members... ??
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:44 pm

Peter Reid for 6 months I could just about cope with if the contract contained the following clauses;

1. I, the undersigned manager, hereby agree to the following conditons;

2. My sole objective is to ensure that Bolton Wanderers do not get relegated in the 2009/2010 season.

3.1 Failure to meet the condition outlined in section 2 will result in the contrct between the parties being terminated.

3.2 Successful completion of the objective outlined in section 2 will result in the contrct between the parties being terminated.

4. I, the undersigned manager, am not entitled to any compensation in regards to the termination of my contract under sections 3.1 or 3.2.

Signed, on behalf of the manager: P Reid

Signed, on behalf of the football club: P Gartside

Then at least, provided we stay up, it would leave the door open for Coyle in the summer if and when Burnley drop like a stone. Under no circumstances must Peter Reid be allowed to manage us at the start of the 2010/2011 season though.

Last edited by dh1985 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:47 pm

Has anyone ever said that BWFC supporters want Peter Reid? I'd rather have kept Megson!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:21 pm

Peter Reid = lock up your wives & daughters.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:36 am

So the head of the BWSA has said we want Peter Reid???

What a total tw*t!

I refer to my thread the other day about how it always seems to be the bellends who get to pipe up on our behalf on either the radio or the TV... these idiots do sooo much damage!!!
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:01 am

Dh, I am a little surprised but I agree with you on both the Parker point, who is a superb player and would totally change our midfield and on Peter Reid, who would be an unmitigated disaster. Thankfully it does not look like we are going to have to wait until the summer for Coyle.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:01 pm

You agree with me Tim? Finally my life has meaning and purpose!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down