THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
JayJay....... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
JayJay....... EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
JayJay....... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
JayJay....... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
JayJay....... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
JayJay....... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
JayJay....... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
JayJay....... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
JayJay....... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

JayJay.......

+4
josh8
Darequam
Admin
bigsamsarmyusa
8 posters

Go down

JayJay....... Empty JayJay.......

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:29 pm

To continue on what Josh posted elsewhere about the site he has put together:

Do you want to continue this site or do you want to fold and have everyone move over there?

You are running this site and have done really well to keep it going; however, if it isn't going to grow and there aren't ways to advertise it to help it grow, maybe it would be best for everyone to relocate to that site.

I think that any decision should be made and announced here so that everyone that does post on this site has an opportunity to debate it and/or make up their mind if they want to follow the group over there.

I'll admit now that I joined the other site this afternoon and started posting. Currently, I am actively posting on here and on Burnden Aces and have added Josh's site as a 3rd place to visit. It would be easier to have only the two messageboards that I go on for football as I also go to my 19th literature board nightly too.

However, if you keep this one going and people are actively posting, I'll continue to visit and post.

Does anyone else have any views/opinions on this?

I am not trying to force Jayjay's arm on this one way or the other. However, I want to read and post on a board that is active daily as I consider messageboarding as part of my daily entertainment (sad as that might sound).
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

JayJay....... Empty Re: JayJay.......

Post by Admin Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:20 am

Well, I have been talking to josh about it and in a way it seems quite reasonable.

Feels like a shame because I do have some plans in place to improve this one dramatically.

There are ways and means to advertise and it can be found in google etc, it just needs a bit of a redesign in order to rank better. My idea for this site is similar but also quite different to josh's.

It kind of depends what the users think. If everybody prefers to jump to the other board that is already going then thats fine I would wrap this one up. But if people want to give this one a chance then Ill develop it further. Or maybe it could be used in a new way?
Let's see what the rest post about it.

Admin
Team Manager

https://bwfcboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Darequam Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 am

Well am getn to kno dis, 4 d first time, av kinda developed an everyday passion for this site, but if there r possibilities of shutting this down then let me kno d one we might possibly switch to(give d link) so I can check it up and give ma own opinion on both sites
U guys r doing a great job here, and I don't see any reason why the forum should be shut down in d first place. Can we not advertise the site @ reebok on a match day by displaying it in a large banner or large piece of cloth, surely the cameras would pick it and any Trotter fan around d world watching would get da messge.
Darequam
Darequam
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:36 am

Admin wrote:Well, I have been talking to josh about it and in a way it seems quite reasonable.

Feels like a shame because I do have some plans in place to improve this one dramatically.

There are ways and means to advertise and it can be found in google etc, it just needs a bit of a redesign in order to rank better. My idea for this site is similar but also quite different to josh's.

It kind of depends what the users think. If everybody prefers to jump to the other board that is already going then thats fine I would wrap this one up. But if people want to give this one a chance then Ill develop it further. Or maybe it could be used in a new way?
Let's see what the rest post about it.

Jayjay.... you're missing the point.... it isn't just that
this site can't be found... you can buy a domain name and some webspace and
redirect it to this site... but that doesn't change the fact that you can't
control this site.... the company who own this sendboard moved platforms 3
times last year.... who's to say it won't move again..... what if it just
closes down.....? a domain name and webspace will cost you money.....why...?
I don't want you to abandon this site.... I want you to 'transfer' over...
bring everything with you.... as well as your ideas and plans.. merge the sites.......!

you can use the forum as a sendboard....!

jimbos back.... to do
the prem predictor....! breeze has come to wind everyone up... even azreal has
surfaced....! I think once you come over.... all the other guys from the
official site who are spread around the different sites will all come back too!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:26 am

Good post Wendy.

I've just looked at the top posters on this site, and you have Breeze (doesn't come on here often now, and stated why on a different thread), Wendy (see above), Tim (who has started using the other site), Josh (filthy Judas!!! - only kidding JayJay....... Icon_biggrin ) Bunbury, DH, Hampo, Holty and Chrislanz.

I've been using this one less myself of late (other commitments rather than being on a different board) and it does seem like the usage may have peaked and is on the way down now.

Pthorpe seems to have knocked this one on the head, as did Haydock early last month. Unfortunately, I think that the Prem Predictor was a real opportunity missed to tie posters to this site... I'm not having a go, because I'm sure it was a big task to take on but I do think it would have kept peoples' interest.

I'm used to this site now and don't go on any others, although I would move to the other one if that was the general opinion of most other users.

If everyone posts their view it would be helpful...
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:51 am

This site served a very good purpose but it can't grow without a proper domain and the ability to make proper on-going changes and amendments.

The bwfcforum.co.uk site is still very much in its infancy but it has everything in place to grow and the sponsorship of Mark Davies gives it some additional credibility.

I suggest we all get together and move across to bwfcforum because I genuinely think it will gather some real momentum.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by holty2 Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:58 am

I have been reading the the new forum off and on for a while and decided to join yesterday. As other people have said this board is hard to find and most people who joined did so because they were emailed or pmd through other sites. I agree about the missed opportunity with the prem predictor,The fact that jay jay could not manage to keep the table updated has put people off the site and to keep on saying the table would be put up day after day then not doing it was annoying.I was really hoping this board would take off and for a while it looked like it would do, however i think in the long term bwfcforum.co.uk is the best bet. I will use both boards for the time being, i still feel quite loyal to this site because of jay jays early efforts to keep the old official board members together.
holty2
holty2
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:43 am

i did explain the predictor thing going wrong and also i do have other things to do too.

but anyway, its ok, thanks for peoples loyalty but at the end of the day all i ever wanted was a place where as fans we could be free to talk amongst ourselves and have a laugh. no excessive modding, back slapping or cliques, and i hope we kind of achieved that.

there is a place which is probably more suited to and more able to cope with the growth now, and if thats the best place to be then i want to be part of that.

"as a manager you either do badly and move on or do well and move on and i think the time is right for me to go to a place better equipped for message board survival and in a better position to move upwards."

Admin
Team Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:46 am

I like it here

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 am

oh.

err, well this will remain open, kind of, there are going to be some changes though.

its going to be a place to watch matches live, hopefully, so there will be a chance to chat still on it and post topics.

hopefully, features enjoyed here can be brought over to the new forum to keep improving it.

how do you find it on there, easy to use? not over modded?

Admin
Team Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm

JayJay/Admin; don't feel that you have failed. You did an amazing job to get it up and running and to try and improve it.

Taking on the Prem Predictor, on top of trying to run and develop this site was a big ask and you did your best to juggle all the balls.

I think that everyone is really appreciative of what you have done to enable us to all come together again after the official site was locked down. Your knowledge will now also help improve the other site.

Mangler, FYI, Pthorpe hasn't stopped posting, he's on holiday (or business) in New Zealand but should be back very soon.

cheers
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum