THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Should Klasnic start on Sunday...?

+2
bigsamsarmyusa
josh8
6 posters

Go down

Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? Empty Should Klasnic start on Sunday...?

Post by josh8 Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:42 am

I would like to see Klasnic start against Everton.... possibly in place of Taylor....! I think Taylor would benifit from being dropped as in open play I don't feel he contributes enough..... although I think he's a whiz from set pieces...! so its a hard call..... but I think with Klasnic, Davis and Lee up front and Cohen just behind... quite exciting.... not sexually ofcourse.....emmm come to think of it....... !!!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Should Klasnic start on Sunday...? Empty Re: Should Klasnic start on Sunday...?

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm

I think that he's done enough coming off the bench to be given a start...so, yes he should start. Dropping Taylor would probably be the fans' choice however, from the things I've read at the BN (Megson articles), Megson really REALLY rates Taylor so he might be one that we won't see dropped.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:29 am

If Klasnic starts, it will most likely be in place of Lee with Taylor on the right. This obviously has it's pros and cons.

I think I rate Taylor almost as high as Megson does. It is always good to have pace in the side but I think that Matty's final product is better than Gardner's and Lee still hasn't got used to the full demands of the Prem yet i.e tracking back.

I'd play the team which started the last two matches and bring Klassnic on (again) if we need a goal. I'd start him away at Chelsea though as him and Davies could be a right handful for Terry and co.

Last edited by dh1985 on Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by laughtoe Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:31 am

No.

Same team as Spurs, hopefully with LCY and Cohen nicely rested.
Everton have a glut of injuries and a midweek euro game, so we should give them a pasting for once.
laughtoe
laughtoe
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:41 am

What I hope megson has learned over the last few weeks is that pace and movement are needed, if he has he won't drop Lee, but I am not hopeful.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:35 am

I'm happy to see Klasnic start, although I can't see it happening... maybe only at the expense of Lee.

Megson won't drop Taylor... I think Jimbo said a couple of weeks back that he sees him becoming the new Kevin Nolan... undroppable in spite of performance. I can see where he's coming from, as I'm sure Megson rates him much higher than Lee, Ricky G or Cohen, even though some of his general play and passing from deep can be a bit hit-and-hope rather than accurate passes.
However, I agree with dh that his end product (crosses & free-kicks) are more effective and reliable than Lee or Ricky, and also Taylor has the ability to sniff out goals... something that is at a premium in our squad.

I'm hoping for a similar line-up to the one at United... Megson was critical of Knight (and rightly so) and also mentioned Cohen & Lee being well below par (or above, as it should be said!), so may look to change. I'll be disappointed if I arrive at the Reebok to find that McCann The Twat has got a place in the starting XI (I wouldn't put it past Megson).
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:56 am

I'd be suprised if McCann starts on Sun although I too would not put it past Megson. However, as he went to Old Trafford (a ground where plenty of other managers have gone with a defensive outlook) with that lineup, I'd hope that he would play the same against Everton, unless any injuries occur.

The question will be what he'll do when Elmander gets fit again. Will he push Davies outwide at the expense of Lee or will he continue to play the team which has broiught us better performances of late? Hmmmmmm. That concerns me as I don;t think he will want to leave out the record signing but does Elmander fit in?

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:23 am

I'm not so sure about Elmander, I think that Megson was starting to see the light with him just before he got injured. Don't forget Elmander scored in the Carling Cup against West Ham, but was dropped for the following game - and if I remember rightly, Klasnic came off the bench in that one whilst Elmander stayed off.
Also Megson said around that time that Elmo was "a bit mard" in an interview. I think Klasnic is more his sort of player; a bit more robust. So I won't be surprised if we're thinking of signing Klasnic on a permanent and Elmo could be off in January to some French outfit, for £5m or something.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:42 am

From what I've seen of Klasnic so far, he does seem to be more Megson's type...... of player. Kind of a skilful Kevin Davies. I'd be more than happy to sign him provided the price was reasonable.

I feel sorry for Elmander as the crowd has never really took to him due, in large part, to him playing shit. That said, it was his first season in English football and in that season he only played roughly 30 games and scored 5 goals which wasn't that bad of a record considering he never got a proper run of fitness going.

I blame Megson for his poor form due to signing him in the first place despite his fitness concerns, paying too much for him and then playing him out of position against strapping 6 ft plus centre halfs who have him in their back pockets for 90 minutes.

His confidence is down the pisser which is understandable considering he hasn't scored a league goal in 11 months. Ironically enough, now that we are playing a more expansive game, or at least we have done in the last few games, he may start to look the player we hoped he would be, although he was never worth £8m to begin with to be perfectly honest. I wouldn't shed any tears if he went back to france and we got £5m for him, perhaps part ex him with Klasnic form Nantes, but I still feel that he could have been so much more.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:34 am

I think Elmander might fit in better playing along side Lee.... he hasn't really had a chance since the West Ham game......! I just think Megson has asked him to play the Kevin Davis role and to be honest.... nobody really plays that role better than davis himself.... !
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down