THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Megson saved us from the drop.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Megson saved us from the drop.....?

+3
mangler
pthorpe
josh8
7 posters

Go down

Megson saved us from the drop.....? Empty Megson saved us from the drop.....?

Post by josh8 Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:44 am

Here you go Tim...... get you're teeth into this....!
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/4698838.I_saved_Whites_from_the_drop___Megson/
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Megson saved us from the drop.....? Empty Re: Megson saved us from the drop.....?

Post by pthorpe Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:03 am

A legend in his own mind !!

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Megson saved us from the drop.....? Empty Re: Megson saved us from the drop.....?

Post by mangler Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:53 am

Quality.

I like this Megson chap... he talks a lot of sense.
Often when he does these PR exercises, I usually read them and think that I can agree with most of the things he says. However I also usually think that he does himself no favours because he comes out with "When I arrived we were bottom" or even worse, the "Football people understand..." comments - always a stinker that will get folk's back up.

He should leave well alone, because over time he has the opportunity to prove all the fans wrong by keeping us up each year, and in turn improving the squad. Slowly but surely I feel he's doing that well... he needs to concentrate on that alone.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 am

I think it is a bit soon for him to be shooting his mouth off, we have played well in one and a half games and won neither, whilst I am not denying we are looking better he has a lot of work still to do. Our defense is a joke, 3 clean sheets in 34 games with arguably the best goalkeeper in the league and a current England squad center back is not acceptable. Megson simply does not know how to organise a defense, remember Big Sam managed to hold one together with Pederson at left back, lovely lad, but he was not even a decent forward let alone a full-back. Megson complains we have no leaders, well he has bought most of the players it is thus his fault. He even pissed away £1.5m on Robinson, what a joke.
However, there are good points, Cahill, Lee, Cohen, we are still in the Premier League.
I agree we spend bugger all, although not that we would be bust if we spent more. Fact is the money is going somewhere and it strikes me that only Eddie Davies knows where, perhaps he is bleeding the club dry? I simply cannot see where the money is going, we have allegedly cut the wage bill massively and yet there is still no more money to spend.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:51 am

tim_rigby wrote:Megson complains we have no leaders, well he has bought most of the players it is thus his fault. He even pissed away £1.5m on Robinson, what a joke.

Bloody hell, Tim, it's like you can't help yourself sometimes!
Where, oh where, does Megson complain that we have no leaders?
Only references I found to the players were the following...

"it’s gone all right and the players are terrific people as well" and...
"If you look at the money we’ve spent and the wage bill compared with everyone else in the Premiership , everything, ultimately, comes down to the players we’ve got and the efforts they’ve put in. And they deserve great credit"

Nice to see you're starting to cut the guy some slack.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo69 Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:54 pm

tim_rigby wrote:Megson simply does not know how to organise a defense, remember Big Sam managed to hold one together with Pederson at left back, lovely lad, but he was not even a decent forward let alone a full-back.

Don't let Big E catch you dissing his Henrik.
He'll have your guts for garters. affraid
hampo69
hampo69
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:17 pm

wHERE IS BIG E ??

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo69 Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:21 pm

Bumped into him at the match a few weeks ago.
He seemed in good spirits, despite being busy with work. Well that's the story he's using nowadays.
hampo69
hampo69
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:25 pm

I've spoken to him a few times recently...it seems he's got issues with white people.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:10 pm

E also left a message on my facebook that not only does he have problems with white people, he also has anti fat, anti thin, drinkers and non-drinkers too. Razz

As for Megson's comments, is it really necessary to repeat the same old stuff that he's commented about for the last 2 years.

As stated above, he'd do well to leave it alone and let results and style do the talking.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum