THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland

Go down

Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland Empty Jussi Retires from Playing for Finland

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Congratulations to him on a decent international career. Now he will be able to concentrate on his club career...not that he's been one that suffered from pulling international duty:

"Following Finland's failure to reach the 2010 World Cup, Jussi Jaaskelainen has announced his retirement from international football.

The 34-year-old has earned 55 caps for his country, with the last being in the 1-1 draw with Germany earlier this month.

Speaking to the club's official website, the big Finn hopes the decision will allow him to prolong his career at the Reebok Stadium.

"I am proud of what I achieved with Finland over the last 11 years," he said.

"I have considered this decision long and hard, and I believe that it is now the right time to give younger Finnish goalkeepers the chance to play on the international stage, so it looks like I am not going to be with the team when the qualifiers start for the 2012 European Championships.

"There have been players like Brad Friedel, Jamie Carragher and Paul Scholes who have benefited by retiring from international football, and I hope that my decision will allow me to continue performing for Bolton Wanderers for many years to come."
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum