THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid

+4
drtobs
mangler
tim_rigby
jayjay23
8 posters

Go down

bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid Empty bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid

Post by jayjay23 Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:34 am

Bolton line up £7million bid for Scott Brown

Reports suggest the Celtic midfielder will be a signing target for Premier League strugglers Bolton in the January transfer window.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/138737-bolton-line-up-7million-bid-for-scott-brown/

TRANSFERS TO COME
Megson said: “We hope to make some good signings in January to push the club forward and help it progress.
“It’s going to be a really important window for us because we need to keep the momentum going.
"Since I arrived at the club there has been a huge of amount of players leaving and we're still trying to replace them.
"There was a huge amount that needed changing but we didn't have the finance to do it quickly.”

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid Empty Re: bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid

Post by tim_rigby Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:50 am

Same old excuse, Megson will always blame the previous situation for his failings. £7m for Brown seems rather steep to me, he has never been tested in a proper league.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid Empty Re: bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid

Post by mangler Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:27 pm

"Since I arrived at the club there has been a huge of amount of players leaving and we're still trying to replace them. True.
"There was a huge amount that needed changing but we didn't have the finance to do it quickly.” Erm, also true. (incidentally, notice he says "needed" to change - can't argue with that; we had loads of shit players when he arrived).

“We hope to make some good signings in January to push the club forward and help it progress.
“It’s going to be a really important window for us because we need to keep the momentum going." So the manager has outlined his plans to take us forward... what's wrong with that? (he's even giving you a free beating-stick if he doesn't do as he says!)

I didn't notice anything that seemed even vaguely like making excuses, more simply stating the situation we're in.

Tim, you're a doctor of spin... do you work in PR by any chance?
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by drtobs Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:11 am

i dont know if 7 mill for him is the answer, especially when we look at some of the bargain players we let slip during the summer, by let slip i mean went to other teams.
at least he is acknowledging that things need to happen, i just hope its the right things.

drtobs

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:18 am

He's SCOTTISH.

He's called BROWN.

Tell me it's not true.
BUNBURY
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by BUNBURY Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:12 am

I've heard he has poor vision and can only play down the left wing.
BUNBURY
BUNBURY
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:43 pm

I like it.
Never been in PR, used to be a lawyer, before I went into finance, I guess that is kind of the same thing!
Also did not realize we had much momentum did we not just come off the back of a series of humiliating defeats, or have I missed something?

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:35 pm

I didn't know we had lawyers in this country..... just solicitors and barristers... are you American....? maybe thats why you spell defence with an 's' and realise with a 'Z'... or do you american spell check....?
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:59 pm

Josh, I American spell too. Force of habit after 29 years living over here and having to work a job that requires my spelling be "correct" (American correct, that is). bolton to have busy new year + 7mil for new mid Icon_smile
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:58 pm

wendy... I know... because you live there......I expect people who live there to sound and spell out american...... but Tim doesn't... thats my point...! as he pulls people up all the time about grammer and spelling mistakes....!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by denn Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:21 am

I can`t pass comment on the Celtic player as Ive never seen him play. Seven million quid for him seems like a lot to me. I personaly would not allow Megson to spend that much on a player from the Scottish league as he probably is no better than what we already have. On recent signings alone, Megson has baffled most with two full backs and a donkey centre half. No more please.
denn
denn
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum