THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Mark Hughes EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Mark Hughes EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Mark Hughes EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Mark Hughes EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Mark Hughes EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Mark Hughes EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Mark Hughes EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Mark Hughes EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Mark Hughes EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mark Hughes

+5
breezeblock
mangler
tim_rigby
Admin
pthorpe
9 posters

Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Mark Hughes

Post by pthorpe Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:25 am

Hot news that Mark Hughes is going to be sacked in the next few minutes, and his replacement is Roberto Mancini.
IF true then as far as I'm concerned it's good bye Gary, don't let the door hit you on the way out, and welcome to Bolton Mark.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post by Admin Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:28 am

dont think hughes will come, he will hold out for liverpool or something, or take over wen wenger walks out of arsenal.

Admin
Team Manager

https://bwfcboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 am

I really believe that if Benitez should leave Liverpool that Jose Mourinho would find his way there. By all accounts he is on extremely thin ice at Inter. As for Arsene, he's going nowhere anytime soon.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:54 am

Why on earth would city go for Mancini if they could get Mourhino, the world is going mad. Next Everton will be sounding us out for the services of Megson, if only!
Seriously there is no harm in asking him the question, he did a good job at Blackburn and it is very difficult to just buy a whole team and get them to play.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:06 pm

Would certainly take Hughes, although I have my doubts he'd come... purely because I would imagine he'd hold out for something bigger, as he's already done the 'small club overachieving' bit with Blackburn.

On the otherhand, I'm not sure that any clubs of a sizeable ilk will be looking for a new boss anytime soon. Liverpool won't appoint Hughes - that I'm pretty sure of (I well imagine that when they finally can't avoid sacking that oaf Benitez any longer, that they will go foreign... Klinnsmann has been apporached before, and bizarrely they will probably fuckup again and appoint him!).
United; not anytime soon I reckon. Besides Hughes hasn't done enough to warrant that job.
Arsenal; Wenger's there for a good while yet.
Chelsea... no.
Spurs, Everton, Sunderland, Villa? Not likely.
His best bet for a so-called 'big club' is probably next season, when Newcastle are looking shit back in the Prem, they'll thank Hughton for his efforts and will look for a proven boss to come in.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:00 pm

I remember when Mark Hughes was the biggest c*nt on earth...I still remember it and my opinion hasn't changed. Fuck me, if Robbie Savage went into management and had a couple of good seasons would we want him at the Reebok?

Mark Hughes was a prick at Blackburn - he played terrible football and argued and moaned about every referee in England. He touted himself for a big club with cash, finally got it and did fuck all with £207m. Oh yeah, let's a get a manager on the rebound...
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:08 pm

Oh, I guess we'd better strike him off our list then. Let's stick with Meggo the Arsene Wenger of the North West!!

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:05 am

I heard that Wenger was the Megson of the South East!

I think you're being a bit harsh on Hughes Breeze. What manager doesn't have an odd moan at referees. I seem to remember Sam wasn't too fond of most of them.

As for him playing terrible football, that was a tag which they got when he first arrived and he was trying to keep them up, but once he got them established, he got them playing some good football.

He made some very good signings on a budget, especially the likes of Samba, Nelson, Warnock, Bentley, McCarthy, Santa Cruz etc. Made tidy profits on three of them.

I don't think he'd come to Bolton as, like it has been said, he's done the poor club overachieving already. It's only when the offers dry up, like with Sam, and you get passed over for jobs to inexperienced guys like Tony Adams and Paul Ince that you slum it again to rebuild your reputation. That may not be the case with Hughes as he didn't fail quite as badly as Sam and he doesn't have quite the same reputaion of ugly football hanging over him.

Maybe when Megson is again struggling this time next season, we might be able to get Hughes.

I think him and Newcastle would be a good match though.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:41 am

Hughes had a specific career path mapped out for him and there's nothing wrong with that. But it's gone tits up and he needs to re-invent himself after taking time out and he needs to work ut what he now wants...'cos he probably doesn't have a clue at the moment. But, as I said, don't get a manager on the rebound and especially this prick.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by chrislanz Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 am

With the payout he will get from shake yer wallet, He will probs take a week off in rhyll...............

chrislanz
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:34 pm

With the pay off he's getting, he can afford ten days!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:38 pm

Half board.

How the other half live...
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:14 pm

I doubt he'll get another job this season. Will that be enough time for him to reinvent himself if we go for him in 12 months or so when Megson's having his next little wobble?

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Well I don't think you could trust someone to come to a club like ours knowing that he had been positioning himself for a big club for many years and it had gone gone tits up despite spending £207m. He might say he wants another challenge but not-so-secretly he'd obviously like to manage United or Newcastle.

And he's a c*nt.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:24 pm

In an ideal world, I'm sure Big Sam would rather be managing Newcastle or Man Utd but such is life.

As long as he did a good job, I'm not sure if I'd care much about his motives. Plus, it would piss off the Dingles.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:33 pm

But you would never employ someone (especially on the rebound) knowing that they were coming to work for you but really wanting something else. If you didn't know then you're none-the-wiser but when you are aware of their real desire you'd spend the first three months knowing that you could be giving them millions to rebuild the team and rescructure the club only for them to piss off to Newcastle at the sonnest opportunity. Any new manager should be a long term choice and Hughes needs to fuck off and come back when he's decided what he wants. Or just fuck off...
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:21 pm

I take it you don't like him then Breeze? I guess he's not getting a Christmas Card from you then ?

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:04 am

I can't forget what he was like as a player and how much we all hated him. Then he has a couple of years at Blackburn and then spends £207m on a team of strangers who play with absolutely no discernible style or pattern, gets sacked and suddenly he's our saviour? I have no idea how some people come to these sorts of conclusions...
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:12 pm

It appears you can deduct the cost of Robinho from that 207 million pounds. It appears that Robinho was brought in against Hughes' wishes.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:37 pm

Oh yeah, 'cos any manager would fucking hate having to have Robinho thrust upon them...oh, the strain!

He couldn't get a dream team worth £250m to play together with any shape or style and without conceding lots of goals...what on earth does anyone think he could do with our lot?

He's a manager with long term plans but a short term personality.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Curbishley it is then, eh?

Why not just admit you are enamoured of Megson and you hope he keeps his job/no other manager is good enough.

Me, I'd as soon have another well-disliked knob...Souness...than Gary Megson.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

Souness would bring more 'success' to our club but at some severe cost...he falls out with everyone and he always ends up running away or getting sacked because he breaks the club in two.

Megson's temporary remember...until someone better comes along. Hughes is high-maintenance and as interesting as an empty fish tank...he really, really isn't for us.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:56 pm

So Breeze, in an ideal world who would you have managing us? excluding those managers with the big 4 and those pushing for Europa Cup places. This would also exclude those managers in the various European leagues.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:50 am

No idea...that's the problem. But jumping at anyone who is available is the wrong thing to do. We are not a club in turmoil...we're struggling on the pitch but off it we're a professional outfit unlike others we could mention. Hiring a new manager on a whim would undo all the good work Megson has done...(hey, this blue touch paper lights so easily).
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeywhite Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm

breezeblock wrote:...he falls out with everyone and he always ends up running away or getting sacked because he breaks the club in two.

Perfect description of Megson.

(I'll remind you of this once he's gone and all the dirty linen starts coming out in public)
wakeywhite
wakeywhite
Reserve
Reserve

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:52 pm

Next you'll be telling me that the comments both Steinsson and Davies made that all is well in the camp is just a poor PR stunt!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by wakeywhite Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:06 am

Time will tell
Mark my words
He who laughs last laughs longest
<insert your own cliche here>
wakeywhite
wakeywhite