THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Snow way! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Snow way! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Snow way! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Snow way! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Snow way! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Snow way! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Snow way! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Snow way! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Snow way! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Snow way!

+3
mangler
breezeblock
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Snow way! Empty Snow way!

Post by Admin Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:55 am

Set off to Bolton to do the last bit of xmas stuff, but no way it was happening. Cleared 2 inches of snow from the car yesterday in preperation, went out toady to find 2 and a hlaf inches had taken its place. the most over night snowfall i have know round here for, well since for ever in my adult life time.

Spent 15 mins clearing it again, de iced, warmed the car up, managed to drive up the slope onto the compacted snow road and crept slowly to the main road.

Main road was almost stand still and approaching a large hill all of the cars coming in the opposite direction had their windows open and their drivers swirling their hands and fingers in the air telling everyone to go back the other way.

It turned out loads of cars had got stuck at the bottom of the hill and people had abandoned their cars and set off on foot. I was a few car lengths away from the lip of the hill and managed to about turn just before the point of no return.

Anybody have or hear of any snow adventures or crashes? Maybe you slept in bed land like those folk on the news? Anyone made a snow man? I saw a pair of 9 foot tall snow men outside an old peoples home, I don't know how they managed to build them!

Admin
Team Manager

https://bwfcboard.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Snow way! Empty Re: Snow way!

Post by breezeblock Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:23 am

The 9ft tall bloke outside the old peoples' home was probably the Grim Reaper but in his winter coat. He's impossible to spot when he kills polar bears you know...

My driveway is on a severe slope so today was just a white off (see, like write off but with a snow theme...no? Sod you then). I did clear it once but the snow craftily just waited until I started the car and then chucked down an inch and a half in the space of 15 minutes.

I should be outside playing snowballs with my kids but they're playing Super Mario Winter Olympics on the Wii and that's close enough.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:56 am

The guys who work in the next unit to us made a snowman and then made a snowcat (a black one, out of the crappy dark snow that comes off car wheels).

I went over whilst they were back inside and edited the snowman with two satsumas and an erect banana... they didn't see the funny side, as they'd built the snowman at the entrance to their customer car park.

Made me laugh anyway.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:44 pm

I won't see her, but my sister is leaving Manchester on Thursday to fly to Atlanta. What are her chances of actually leaving? Hopefully her flight is a go as my other sister is to pick her up in Atlanta and she and her hubby are to visit with my mum for 3 weeks in Montgomery, Alabama.

Enjoy the snow, stay safe and warm.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:57 pm

Did anyone see Mark Hughes, on Sky Sports News, driving away from his house?

His car was covered with snow. He didn't even clear his whole windshield and side windows. And the back window...completely covered with snow!!! Now THAT is dangerous driving!
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by White Lion Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:45 am

Here in Ischgl it's minus 19 degrees , loads of snow , and the roads are in perfect condition. When it snows every man and his dog get their tractors out and clear the roads for FREE !

Although I must admit the ratio of tractor owners is slightly higher over here than say, Salford.

It's fabulous here and the skiing is great. However, we drove over last weekend and are due to drive back on Sunday. It can stop snowing on Saturday please !
White Lion
White Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:50 am

If she can make it to the airport, I'd say her chances are pretty good. I'd assume / hope that long haul flights have priority. As I'm flying out from Gatwick to Canada tomorrow, that's what I'm clinging on to. I've just arrived in Manchester to get the coach to London and the main roads and motorways are pretty clear, it's the local roads which are the problem.

Hope your sister makes it out there ok.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by pthorpe Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:10 am

DH, have a great time in B.C.

pthorpe
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down