THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
2-2 Megson quits! EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
2-2 Megson quits! EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

2-2 Megson quits!

5 posters

Go down

2-2 Megson quits! Empty 2-2 Megson quits!

Post by nobby36 Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:00 pm

You wish!

I said at two nil, "the thing is all the Bolton fans are as happy as larry at the moment, what I dont get is if hull pull two back they will all be shouting for megsons head, and not as happy as larry"

Does anyone get me? Half the people shouting megson out now cos it finished a draw are the same people who would have said everything is okie dokey had the linesman not declared the ball as in the net for hulls second.

He is either a good or bad manager, cant change your mind based on every goal that goes in!

nobby36

Back to top Go down

2-2 Megson quits! Empty Re: 2-2 Megson quits!

Post by mangler Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:56 pm

I've turned.

I've defended Megson for quite a while now, but today was the turning point.

It's nothing personal, but the problem is the guy is fundamentally flawed... he geniunely believed that he was making the right change, in taking Klasnic off for McCann.

The guy cannot see that we are shaky as hell defensively, and as such our strongest method of defence is to attack. Hull are shit. Once we got the 2nd the game should have been in the bag, Taylor was wank as ever and chugged round like a lame dog. Megson should have brought him off, put Gardner on and tried to get the third which would have been a huge boost for our players and fans. Instead he chickens out and tries to snuff out the game by bringing on McCann for Klasnic. Such a move was blatantly obviously going to bring an enormous amount of pressure from our own fans (rightly or wrongly) onto the players - everyone in that ground knew it - and sends out the message from Megson that we're hanging on for dear life.

Hull had nothing to lose. They threw on Barmby and Hasselhoff in the hope of sneaking back into the game. We should have gone right for them and got the third and won the game.

Megson threw that game tonight, and I think it may have caused a massive amount of damage for our hopes this season; psychologically if not mathematically.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Me too! There is nothing more to say. He is giving the fans more and more reasons to hate him, as if they didn't have enough.

I cannot defend that decision tonight. I don't want to. Hull were absolutely fucking dreadful tonight and we gifted them a point.

Then, if the result wasn't enough, he blamed the fans for the second goal, saying that the reaction to the substitution put the players on edge.

I watched the game with my girlfriend's Dad, a Burnley fan, and even he was irate and the decision saying that it defied belief being so negative against any team at home, but particularly Hull!

I agree that the fallout from this result could be significant in terms of the league season, though I doubt it will have any impact on Megson's job. That will only happen if the players have lost all confidence in the manager like the fans.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 pm

Megson on Sky interview blamed the fans for booing and upsetting/unsettling the players.

It could NEVER be Megson's fault for such a negative substitution, could it!
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:23 am

A negative sub at that stage and a negative tactical change is not going to booost the fans and get us behind the team.

If he wanted the fans to be egging the team on then it IS HIS RESPONSIBILITY as manager to bring that out of us.

I think Taylor hardly touched the ball in the second half, if Megson took him off and put gardner or even mccann on then the fans would not have minded and would have been behind the team.

but instead at 2-1 whilst under pressure, the points not safe, we take off our main goal threat. what does he expect?

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by jayjay23 Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:26 am

What has the biggest effect on the result of the game?

Megsons decision to go defensive and take off our main scorer.

or

The fans being unhappy.

How can he think he is in no way responsible? It was his idea, he decided to try to play the game out in our own half. That is what cost us.

(PS did you see Klasnic fuming on the bench)

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down