THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
New Year New Manager New Optimism... EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New Year New Manager New Optimism...

+2
bigsamsarmyusa
jayjay23
6 posters

Go down

New Year New Manager New Optimism... Empty New Year New Manager New Optimism...

Post by jayjay23 Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:03 am

I really hope we appoint the right man.
If we do then superb, but just the fact that Megson is gone opens up lots of new doors for us.
The fans will feel a boost, the attendences will (?) go up, the team, i think will feel the benefit, and we can have a happy relationship with the club once again.

It could never last, no football club can realistically keep going with a set of fans who despise going to every game (sort of).

How will the news affect us over all?

I just think its a massive motivator for everyone. I think the fans will be buzzing at the weekend and even more so for the next league home game.

Simply can't wait.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

New Year New Manager New Optimism... Empty Re: New Year New Manager New Optimism...

Post by jayjay23 Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:04 am

you see breeze. we are not all negative and moaning.

you wont see us moaning now.

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

New Year New Manager New Optimism... Empty Re: New Year New Manager New Optimism...

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:21 pm

As long as we appoint the right manager.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:12 am

I agree, if it is Jewell or Reid then the whole cycle will start again, we would have to drive another crap manager out. If it is Hughes or Curbs then I think the atmosphere will be fantastic.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:25 am

Personally, if Reid or Jewell are appointed I will be disappointed but I will give them my backing.

More than anything, I want us to move forward.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:31 am

We won't with them, I think if either of them is appointed the focus has to move onto a campaign against Gartside, really target him personally.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:51 am

Jewell, apparently, is a Megson mate, so he has distanced himself and isn't interested.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:15 am

Never heard of this bloke and check out the picture they went with on Sky.com:

Novellino intrigued by England
Italian coach refuses to rule out Trotters
By Nadia Carminati Last updated: 31st December 2009

Novellino: Out of work

Walter Novellino has revealed that he would welcome the opportunity to coach in England after being linked with Bolton.

The experienced Italian is currently out of work after being sacked by Serie B outfit Reggina in October.

He can, however, boast a number of top clubs on an impressive CV, including Perugia, Sampdoria, Torino and Napoli.

Novellino is keen to get back into coaching as soon as possible and has refused to rule out the possibility of heading abroad.

With Bolton looking to replace the ousted Gary Megson, the 56-year-old admits he could be tempted to try his hand at the Reebok Stadium.

Idea
"I like the idea of coaching in England. Let's see what will happen," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Over there they prefer the 4-4-2 formation, which is my preferred choice of system.

"In the last few months I have had offers from Greece, but I turned them down.

"In the next few days we will have a better idea about what is going to happen."
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:44 am

I don't want some foreign-sounding fancy dan from Italy! No way would that suit us.

Also, Tim, I think to suggest that you would step up a campaign against a new manager before he started and even worse, to start a campaign of personal abuse to oust Gartside is, to use one of your favoured expressions, pathetic.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:48 pm

mangler wrote:I don't want some foreign-sounding fancy dan from Italy! No way would that suit us.

Also, Tim, I think to suggest that you would step up a campaign against a new manager before he started and even worse, to start a campaign of personal abuse to oust Gartside is, to use one of your favoured expressions, pathetic.

Completely agree. I just hope Peter Reid and Gartside know what they're getting themselves in to.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:59 am

I think just taking whatever you are given and not complaining if you don't like it is pathetic.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:25 pm

Who didn't like what?
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:22 pm

Do I not like that? It's not Graham taylor is it?

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:36 pm

We got Megson, I did not like it so I complained, if I got served crap food in a restaurant I would complain.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:00 pm

You also wouldn't go back. Can you use that rationale too?

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:12 pm

No I probably would not, but as a committed fan I will always keep going to bolton, which surely makes it even more logical to complain.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:36 pm

I complain, too; usually to someone that can change the situation; and not incessantly on a messageboard, which counts for nothing.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Strange analogy...you wouldn't complain about the food before you had tasted it which is what you did before Megson arrived.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:52 pm

I presume that's to Tim, Breeze, as I didn't complain about Megson initially...that I recall.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by breezeblock Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:53 pm

Yes.
breezeblock
breezeblock
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum