THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Will we stay up now? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Will we stay up now? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Will we stay up now? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Will we stay up now? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Will we stay up now? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Will we stay up now? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Will we stay up now? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Will we stay up now? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Will we stay up now? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Will we stay up now?

5 posters

Go down

Will we stay up now? Empty Will we stay up now?

Post by jayjay23 Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:41 am

A lot of the nationals and other writers are saying the Bolton fans have got what they wanted but at the same time shot ourselves in the foot and we are now liklier than ever to go down.
(because we have sacked the man who single handedly kept us up twice, supposedly)

I tend to disagree!

I think that what ever happens now, the fans will improve, the games will improve, the players will improve and ultimately the results will come. And we will stay up! The journo's can eat their words when it happens. They dont know the ins and outs of every week being a bolton fan, all they keep saying is sammy lee was taking bolton down, megson came in and kept us up, and finished 13th last year, what more do we want, ungratful buggers we are!

jayjay23
Star Player
Star Player

Back to top Go down

Will we stay up now? Empty Re: Will we stay up now?

Post by dh1985 Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:40 am

It all depends on who we bring in. I owrry than the outside view of the fans attitude towards Megson will make the good candidates think for two seconds before turning us down.

Will that manager get the backing of the fans? Tim has already admitted that he will not get behind a manager who he doesn't deem good enough. If his is the voice of many, we will be in trouble.

We WON'T get Mark Hughes. End of story. What can we offer him? He has only been out of work for two weeks and most people feel he was harshly treated at city so his stock hasn't fallen dramatically.

We WON'T get Owen Coyle. End of story. The man turned down Celtic, why would he come to Bolton mid season? People make out like he loves the club etc etc, but he's not Phil Brown. he was here for 2 years and played 50 games. If it wasn't for that playoff final goal, I doubt I'd remember him playing for us.

My preferred choice is Alan Curbishley but he is still a long shot and he is hardly charisma personified. Is he a manager deemed worthy by the Bolton fans?

One person on another website slagged off Megson, with good reason, and then suggested Peter Fucking Reid! Fuck me! What is our obsession with ex Bolton players. The man is horse shit!

Only Curbs can save us. I fear for our future if we appoint anyone else.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:50 am

Dh I am going to get crucified for saying this, I can't tell you how I know (insert sarky comment from breeze), but you sound so desperate, Curbishly is interested and it is really a matter of whether the club will make him a good enough offer, mainly what he will have to spend on players, up to fat Phil.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:56 am

I reckon Curbs would be a good choice, although as you say, hardly charisma personified.

I think we have the rough edges of a competitive team - I certainly feel we have greater depth of quality than a number of clubs in the bottom half... a good manager could make more use of that than Megson and get us out of the shit.

Take last night for example, we were better than Hull and had our manager been more courageous (jeeez, I'm starting to sound like Tim!!) we would have gone for them and got a third, winning goal.

I also hate hearing Jason McAteer on SSN... the shitty scouse c*nt keeps banging on about Reid being a 'fantastic' manager!!! If Reid is fantastic then what does that make Megson???? Listen Macca, you shit on Bolton just like Reidy did... go and get fucked!

I agree too about the 'Ex-Bolton' requirement of Bolton fans... WTF is that all about??!?!
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:01 am

Tim: I don't have the energy to debate. I hope, for all our sakes, that you are 'in the know' and that Gartside does offer him what is required.

Dunno about the ex-bolton thing but, true to form, he followed his Peter Reid suggestion by suggesting Gary Speed as assistant! Words fail me. I love Gary Speed (in all meanings of the word) and he was an excellent player, a model pro, and he will mkae a very good coach some day. Is he ready for assistant manager though? Added to that, someone suggested a Shearer / Speed combo. Does any f*ck*r in Bolton have any common sense? How would that possibly see us out of the shit?

My random suggestion for next manager, though sadly not a former Bolton lad, would be Alan Pardew. Just keep him away from the players' wives and we've got ourselves a winner.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:08 am

I don't know anything from the club's side, no idea who they want, it is really up to Gartside, but surely even he is not nuts enough to go for Jewell over Curbishly.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:14 am

Wasn't Curbs available 2 years ago, before out-of-the-blue, we suddenly became interested in Megson??

I've got this feeling that Strachan is next in line. Look at it this way, he's been out of the game for a short while, then Middlesbrough appoint him when there were others available. He's 10 games in, and has done really poorly. Boro fans don't want him; we don't want him. He's got ginger hair and is awkward when being interviewed... it's starting to seem horribly familiar............
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:19 am

Curbishley was appointed at West Ham prior to Sam leaving.

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:32 am

I think it must've been Chris Coleman who was available at the time... I seem to remember there was someone available who I wanted; and it wasn't Gary Megson!!

Coleman had done well with Fulham with little money, and still managed to keep them up and play reasonably attractive football.
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tim_rigby Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:02 pm

I don't think, even had he been available that at that point Curbs would have been interested in leaving London, but things change and we would be a good bet for him now.

tim_rigby
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:41 pm

It was Coleman that was interested...along with Souness; but we (the club) thought Megson was the better (read cheap) option!

I think that Hughes or Curbishley with Speed as #2/coach would be great. Speed is already coaching and he was a stickler for fitness as a player and I'd imagine that would carry on into coaching, too.
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by mangler Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:23 am

Cut to the chase, Wendy... you just like looking at Speedo's legs!!!
Will we stay up now? Icon_wink
mangler
mangler
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by dh1985 Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:38 am

Best thighs in football!

dh1985
Squaddi
Squaddi

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:51 pm

His face ain't that shabby, either. Very Happy Razz
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum