THE BEST BOLTON WANDERERS MESSAGE BOARD
Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Unregistered guests can post in the GENERAL BWFC section for this week only!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» testing
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 5:09 am by jayjay23

» Announcement about WAYNEAGAIN
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:35 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Announcement.
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Vladimir Weiss SIGNS ON LOAN
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:13 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» JayJay.......
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:10 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» klasnic - not a legend.
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:46 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» now you see it now you dont... but is it right?
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:44 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» Bolton shop selling knock off coyle stuff! HAHA
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

» jussi? drop?
Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm by bigsamsarmyusa

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Sluffy.....itching to move over.....?

3 posters

Go down

Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? Empty Sluffy.....itching to move over.....?

Post by josh8 Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:16 pm

Sluffy.....I see you log on here almost more than I do..... I do think you're secretly hoping this site takes off and that all the official posters come here....so you can make the switch.......!
I get a strong feeling you quite like all the new posters on BA.... and you really like all the activity...but you are in the minority... maybe due to you're loyalty to Manny.... you find the situation difficult ....?
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? Empty Re: Sluffy.....itching to move over.....?

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:48 pm

LOL, Busted!

I like the BA board, barring the unneeded moderating and lack of posting on weekends. What's that all about? Weekends never stopped the posters from posting on the Official site.

I think most of the 'old-timers' like the upswing in posts too, though there appear to be a couple that have had their noses put out of joint by the new arrivals invading "their space".
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Sluffy.....itching to move over.....? Empty Re: Sluffy.....itching to move over.....?

Post by Sluffy Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:46 am

josh8 wrote:Sluffy.....I see you log on here almost more than I do..... I do think you're secretly hoping this site takes off and that all the official posters come here....so you can make the switch.......!
I get a strong feeling you quite like all the new posters on BA.... and you really like all the activity...but you are in the minority... maybe due to you're loyalty to Manny.... you find the situation difficult ....?

I pop on to most of the Bolton Forums (even the one I've been banned from!).

I don't have a problem with other forums - best of luck with yours - but I tend to post mainly on the ones that I don't have any issues with.

I know that forums are made up of anonymous people posting what they want - and that at the end of the day nobody really bothers with legal issues or personal abuse and other sorts of stuff - but it does matter to me.

I guess I'm just a bit odd that way but I don't do stuff like that it real life - so I don't feel the need to do those sort of things on forums.

I know having standards and principles on the internet is very peculiar to most people - but that's how I am - and I don't want to change.

Strangely enough (to me anyway) people keep asking me to become modderators on their sites - Burnden Aces is actually my fourth mods job!

I've always done the job according to my own principles, which are basically being open, honest and truthful and complying with the law. The first site I modded just didn't get enough members and shut down, the second I argued (behind the scenes) with the other mods because they had different standards depending if your face fitted or not (I asked for everybody to be treated equally) and basically I was sacked! The third forum I turned down the offer to mod because I basically could see that I was going to have all my work cut out to moderate between two warring groups, and of course the last mod job is at BA.

I must admit to being totally bemused by the allegations of heavy modding over at BA - the truth is its not - it is simply done to comply with the law and to take away any personal abuse (which really does not happen that often anyway) - but I guess people call it as they see it.

I do find it some what ironic that this site that seems to be priding itself on being free from modding (and legal restrictions) as actually deleted my two previous posts that I have made on here!

As you say I do enjoy the fun and banter that the new posters from the official site have brought to BA and I'm happy to welcome any new member there, irrespective of their past history's on other forums. I treat everyone with warmth and respect - it's just how I am.

I personally think that both the original group of BA members and the new ones have generally integrated very well - of course there was always going to be a few teething troubles - but I don't really think very many old members have left, or new members not stayed.

My personal believe is that forums are very much about individual taste. Manny, who I have the utmost respect for (Danny too) has basically up to now given me a free hand to mod the site according to my principles of complying with the law and mutual respect for each other. As long as the site remains true to those principles I will continue to post there - and conversely until yours does I wont be a regular poster here - even if everybody and their dog leaves the BA forum to come here. It's just what I believe in you see.

So no I don't find the situation difficult at all - I rather not post anywhere, rather than on a site whose values I simply do not respect.

As I say I view many of the Bolton sites for news and views of the club - and will continue to view here on a regular basis to - but even if you became the biggest Bolton forum around - unless and until you started to comply my principles then I won't become a regular contributor here.

Sluffy

Back to top Go down

Post by josh8 Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Hang on a minute..........speaking freely dosn't mean we don't have principles.....it just means we can express ourselves without the fear of being gagged....! as for you saying you had 2 previous post deleted.......I think you need to take that up with the admin....as I will be asking that question.....!!
josh8
josh8
First Teamer
First Teamer

Back to top Go down

Post by bigsamsarmyusa Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm

I misspoke when I said I had a problem with the moderating on BA, I meant to say "over moderating". That what happens with me, due to the time when I post and me getting tired by then.

Plus, Sluffy, it was heavy-handed when Manny got back and it has eased a great deal now that everyone's getting to know each other/have a feel for others' personalities.

I think that for every hand slap that Tim Rigby gets (and god knows he annoyed most everyone on the official board too), Big Sharps needs one too...plus a reminder on what is coming out of his mouth/off his fingertips. It also seems that Natasha is allowed free reign and others are reprimanded.

I salute you your principles and morals; of which I'm sure many of us (especially us older posters) share.

I hope you will post here once in a while.

If you are being censored, that is against what this site was set up for. If it is purely because you are a mod at BA, then doubly wrong and I'll look at not bothering coming back to this site if that's the case. I have a fairly strong stance on fairness and everyone being treated equally (it's the Libra in me).
bigsamsarmyusa
bigsamsarmyusa
Captain of the team
Captain of the team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down